Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
There must someone on the planet that can say panna cotta into their iPhone iPod or ipad and the voice recognition software gets it. When I, my wife, her sister, her father and mother, brother and inlaws say panna cottas to their iPhones it is never correct. The google version of voice recognition nailed it the first time for all of us. I get Anacada, Anacada and Anacada every time!

What about you?

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
My wife just did it again. In order she gets Pennicott, Hannah contact, Anacada, Pennecott, Panama contact.

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Nope but you can edit what siri heard by tapping on it and edit it

I tap on I and have the option of select, select all, paste. What do I do to teach Siri what I am saying?

----------

I get the same thing, and I speak very robotic-like. Try correcting it and see if that helps.

What is the process to correct? I got this ipad for Xmas so I'm just learning iOS 6.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
There must someone on the planet that can say panna cotta into their iPhone iPod or ipad and the voice recognition software gets it. When I, my wife, her sister, her father and mother, brother and inlaws say panna cottas to their iPhones it is never correct. The google version of voice recognition nailed it the first time for all of us. I get Anacada, Anacada and Anacada every time!

What about you?

I got Pana Cota on my second try. Pretty close

Hawtin

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
Worked first time for me, even with my Geordie accent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 75

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
I tap on I and have the option of select, select all, paste. What do I do to teach Siri what I am saying?

----------

What is the process to correct? I got this ipad for Xmas so I'm just learning iOS 6.

Where it shows what you said in quotes tap it and youll be able to edit it

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Just tried it and it thought I said "Buy a Macbook". Opened up the Apple store app. :D

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Where it shows what you said in quotes tap it and youll be able to edit it

Okay, great. Thanks for the info.

Everyone in my circle can not get Siri to understand Panna Cotta. We are Canadians with no strong accents or slurring. I find it interesting that people from Europe seem to be getting the correct response from Siri.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Okay, great. Thanks for the info.

Everyone in my circle can not get Siri to understand Panna Cotta. We are Canadians with no strong accents or slurring. I find it interesting that people from Europe seem to be getting the correct response from Siri.

In europe they mostly have the same accent whereas in 'Merica we have New Yorker,southern accents

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
My South African / South Yorkshire / Irish Kerry brogue came back as "panty cutter..." Sadly I didn't want to search the web for a panty cutter.... :D

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
By europe I mean the UK you have Irish,Welsh,English scottish etc.But I dont believe to my knowledge theres more then 1 accent for each place i.e.:Ireland,England etc

Stop, just stop. The ignorance is cringe-worthy.

This also seems like an appropriate time for:

07607bea.jpg

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
By europe I mean the UK you have Irish,Welsh,English scottish etc.But I dont believe to my knowledge theres more then 1 accent for each place i.e.:Ireland,England etc

You are kidding, aren't you? You can tell which village someone in the west country comes from because their accents are different.

Glaswegian sounds nothing like the Edinburgh accent, or indeed, like anything else and Geordie is as similar to spouse as it to Chinese. There are as many different accents in England as there are regions, if not more. Same goes for the other countries that make up the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.