Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
I have been looking to unlock my iPhone Verizon iPhone 4S since I foolishly updated to iOS 6. I found this video for the new GPP sim. I wanted to know if any of you have tried it. If it's works as well as they say it does I will buy one.

solomon271

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
I am curious too if it works. It seems it has much better reviews than most of the other options out there, at least regarding iOS 6.01. Gevey Ultra S is what I had previously been using, until I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS 6. The Gevey Ultra S no longer works, yet this option seems like it may be a valid solution. It seems like a jailbreak is a little while off, so it may be worth investing in this sim unlock. I was using a Sprint 4s with StraightTalk.

Anyways, I am not sure as I have not personally verified it, yet I have heard from a few friends that it resolved their issue. Also, if purchased on Ebay from seller vortextelecom-miami, they claim they will refund you if your product is not properly unlocked using the sim, so it seems like they are quite sure of it.

Those are my 2 cents for what they are worth.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
I am curious too if it works. It seems it has much better reviews than most of the other options out there, at least regarding iOS 6.01. Gevey Ultra S is what I had previously been using, until I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS 6. The Gevey Ultra S no longer works, yet this option seems like it may be a valid solution. It seems like a jailbreak is a little while off, so it may be worth investing in this sim unlock. I was using a Sprint 4s with StraightTalk.

Anyways, I am not sure as I have not personally verified it, yet I have heard from a few friends that it resolved their issue. Also, if purchased on Ebay from seller vortextelecom-miami, they claim they will refund you if your product is not properly unlocked using the sim, so it seems like they are quite sure of it.

Those are my 2 cents for what they are worth.
I recently made the mistake of updating to iOS 6.1 and I had the Gevey Sim but it no longer works so I decided to buy the GPP Sim for Vortex Telecom Miami . I might get it in a few days so I would comment on what happened in a few days.

kabbalah girl

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
GPP Verizon

I recently made the mistake of updating to iOS 6.1 and I had the Gevey Sim but it no longer works so I decided to buy the GPP Sim for Vortex Telecom Miami . I might get it in a few days so I would comment on what happened in a few days.

Hopefully you can help... I'm with Verizon and lost my 4s 6.1. I now found it but I already have the new one from insurance. I want to sell it to a friend and after researching it looks like only a GPP will work as his carrier is Simple Mobile. Does GPP work with any sim/carrier and is there any issues he'll have since the phone was reported lost to Verizon?

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Hopefully you can help... I'm with Verizon and lost my 4s 6.1. I now found it but I already have the new one from insurance. I want to sell it to a friend and after researching it looks like only a GPP will work as his carrier is Simple Mobile. Does GPP work with any sim/carrier and is there any issues he'll have since the phone was reported lost to Verizon?

GPP Sim supposedly works with any carrier , I ordered mine but didn't receive it yet. If he's not activating it with Verizon I don't think he should have any problems. If he is activating with Verizon you can always go to the store with him and explain the situation to them . The only bad thing about the phone being lost/stolen is that the ESN will be bad meaning that no CDMA wireless provider would activate it on their carrier but I could be wrong. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask me.

babylokz

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
????

so what do can i buy that and do it to a at&t iphone and be able to switch it to sprint ?

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I'm on AU in Japan, but I unlocked a 4S on 6.0.1 without a problem with the GPP SIM.

Lylyluvda916

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
it works buuut...

GPP sims do unlock the phone without a jailbreak but it will only work to unlcok it so that it can be used on GSM carriers only. The iphone has to have a sim slot so cdma iphone 4 s wont be unlockable.

Recently used it on a stolen Sprint iphone 4s and now can use it anywhere except for on sprint who has ***** service anyways.

awesomest47

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2012
Oh my gosh, I'm in the exact same situation! Have a Sprint iPhone 4S that I want to increase its retail value if I were to ever sell it. Will a GPP unlock be like a factory unlock or will it disappear every time I get a new iOS? Not planning on listing the iPhone that soon! Can anyone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.