Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:52 AM   #51
skippymac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlasherDuff View Post
This has to be one of the best posts i have seen here in a long tine.
It's been almost as long as these tines since I saw a post that good...

... Sorry
Old Jan 9, 2013, 07:18 AM   #52
goosnarrggh
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber26 View Post
Um, NO. You're trying to put a clever twist on it, but the fact remains that not all those people who voice their opinions on the gay marriage issue are doing it because they are hateful bigots, as is the case when it comes to discriminating against women or blacks.
In fact, people have attempted to use biblical and theological arguments to push agendas of racial segregation and misogyny.

Certainly, not everybody who argues for male domination over females in civic, as well as domestic and ecclesiastical spheres, does so out of a genuine desire to adhere to their deeply held religious teachings and beliefs; but there is evidence that some do.

It is perfectly apt to classify the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-gay-marriage argument on exactly the same footing as the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-universal-suffrage argument, or the anti-mixed-race argument.
goosnarrggh is offline   0
Old Jan 9, 2013, 07:27 AM   #53
Digital Skunk
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosnarrggh View Post
It is perfectly apt to classify the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-gay-marriage argument on exactly the same footing as the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-universal-suffrage argument, or the anti-mixed-race argument.
It may be appropriate at times, but it's never the intelligent thing to do.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:27 AM   #54
balamw

MOD NOTE: Thread here is to discuss how MR deals with anti-gay speech. The larger issues should only be discussed within PRSI.

This thread has run its course.

B

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback