Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 8, 2013, 04:36 PM   #101
Yousefarman
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post
Apple stopped siging 6.01 for IP5, 6.02 only for now.

If you follow the beta schedule 6.1 might be around the corner.
Which will hopefully alow for the Dev team to release the jailbreak once 6.1 comes out?! Exciting times ahead
Yousefarman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:34 PM   #102
cheezeit
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Fingers are crossed!
cheezeit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:40 PM   #103
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I guess what I don't understand, is that 6.1 is basically already out, and has been since the initial beta. Apple doesn't modify much of the code regarding what might be any potential exploit. I highly doubt any exploit that was present in beta 1 has been closed in beta 4 or the GM. That said, hopefully planetbeing can beta test his exploits and get something out the door in time for 6.1's release date.
__________________
MacBook Pro 2820QM + iPhone 5s
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:19 PM   #104
Carlanga
macrumors 601
 
Carlanga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
I guess what I don't understand, is that 6.1 is basically already out, and has been since the initial beta. Apple doesn't modify much of the code regarding what might be any potential exploit. I highly doubt any exploit that was present in beta 1 has been closed in beta 4 or the GM. That said, hopefully planetbeing can beta test his exploits and get something out the door in time for 6.1's release date.
I guess I don't understand how do you know more about what changes can occur in betas than planetbeing What is so wrong w/ being careful? It's not like 6.1 is gonna come out on '14.
__________________
☻ "A dream you dream alone is only a dream...
... A dream you dream together is reality." ☻
Carlanga is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:46 PM   #105
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
I guess what I don't understand, is that 6.1 is basically already out, and has been since the initial beta. Apple doesn't modify much of the code regarding what might be any potential exploit. I highly doubt any exploit that was present in beta 1 has been closed in beta 4 or the GM. That said, hopefully planetbeing can beta test his exploits and get something out the door in time for 6.1's release date.
There is zero chance any jailbreak will be released until after Apple has done it's public release of 6.1
And the hackers will hold the jailbreak until they find at least one more exploit so they can hold one in reserve.

https://twitter.com/planetbeing/stat...39722913492992
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart

Last edited by dhlizard; Jan 9, 2013 at 07:55 AM.
dhlizard is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:27 AM   #106
la79
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
There is zero chance any jailbreak will be released until after Apple has done it's public release of 6.1
And the hackers will hold the jailbreak until they find at least one more exploit so they can hold one in reserve.

https://twitter.com/planetbeing/stat...39722913492992
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means we may not see it released at all then?
la79 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:52 AM   #107
Knockoutjosie
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by la79 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means we may not see it released at all then?
They would release the jailbreak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	389011  
Knockoutjosie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:54 AM   #108
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
I guess I don't understand how do you know more about what changes can occur in betas than planetbeing What is so wrong w/ being careful? It's not like 6.1 is gonna come out on '14.
I obviously don't know more than planetbeing. Going by history of iOS releases though, generally exploits they find before the GM drops are not patched in the released version of the software. Thus if he has a working exploits now on the beta then the chances of a 6.1 JB look good IMO.
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:04 AM   #109
wgr73
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutjosie View Post
sweet!!!
__________________
MacBook Air (2013): 13", i7/8/512
iPhone 5s: 32gb Black
iPad rMini: 64gb Wifi Black
Flickr
wgr73 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:11 AM   #110
Knockoutjosie
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
So I'm pretty sure it will be released , it's just a ios7 furture jailbreak I'm worried about
Knockoutjosie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:13 AM   #111
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
sweet!!!
Not really, it would mean that Apple closed all the holes, the prime hole being one they have had for some time, they would like to use that as entry point for future jailbreaks, if they release it because of that reason it would probably mean no jailbreak for some time to come after this one.
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:23 AM   #112
itjw
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Look at it this way:

I have something that a LOT of people want.

I don't want to give it up until I have a backup plan to make SURE I can continue to enjoy it (because after I give it to everyone else they might try to take it away from me).

I could care less if you want the exploit I found. I get to have a jailbreak for MY phone, and as soon as I find another way to do it (so releasing it doesn't mean I might lose MY jailbreak), I'll do it. Until then, I get to enjoy MY jailbreak, and you get to wait...

This ^ is why there will probably never be another meaningful public release anytime soon. The jailbreakers of the world figured out it was easier just to JB their own stuff and not release it publicly because then they could CONTINUE to use the exploit (because Apple wouldn't care to try and close something only a handful of pira... err... jailbreakers are utilizing).

If they find an ADDITIONAL hole, then sure, they'll give it up... Maybe, unless they decide to keep that one too lol...

Move on from jailbreaking. I have, and I can't tell you how nice it is to no longer be concerned with what firmware or basesband I have... I just update and enjoy the phone. And if I didn't enjoy it non-jailbroken I would BUY SOMETHING ELSE.

It's great!
itjw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:29 AM   #113
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by itjw View Post
Look at it this way:

I have something that a LOT of people want.

I don't want to give it up until I have a backup plan to make SURE I can continue to enjoy it (because after I give it to everyone else they might try to take it away from me).

I could care less if you want the exploit I found. I get to have a jailbreak for MY phone, and as soon as I find another way to do it (so releasing it doesn't mean I might lose MY jailbreak), I'll do it. Until then, I get to enjoy MY jailbreak, and you get to wait...

This ^ is why there will probably never be another meaningful public release anytime soon. The jailbreakers of the world figured out it was easier just to JB their own stuff and not release it publicly because then they could CONTINUE to use the exploit (because Apple wouldn't care to try and close something only a handful of pira... err... jailbreakers are utilizing).

If they find an ADDITIONAL hole, then sure, they'll give it up... Maybe, unless they decide to keep that one too lol...

Move on from jailbreaking. I have, and I can't tell you how nice it is to no longer be concerned with what firmware or basesband I have... I just update and enjoy the phone. And if I didn't enjoy it non-jailbroken I would BUY SOMETHING ELSE.

It's great!
conclusion:
You haven't got any clue why they jailbreak and why they don't release it now.

Your post only shows a high level of ungratefulness on your part, if they don't release it like NOW they are the bad guys……

Maybe a reality check would do on your part.
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:43 AM   #114
Simplicated
macrumors 65816
 
Simplicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ingsoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post
conclusion:
You haven't got any clue why they jailbreak and why they don't release it now.

Your post only shows a high level of ungratefulness on your part, if they don't release it like NOW they are the bad guys……

Maybe a reality check would do on your part.
Welcome to the entitlement generation.
Simplicated is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:52 AM   #115
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World


That's in part why some Dev's pulled out of the JB scene, tired of the constant demands and abuse, who can blame them for that?
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:56 AM   #116
Knockoutjosie
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post


That's in part why some Dev's pulled out of the JB scene, tired of the constant demands and abuse, who can blame them for that?
The impatient apple community
Knockoutjosie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:11 AM   #117
Mrg02d
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Lets keep in mind alot of those nice Cydia apps costs us money. So it's not entitlement. If any of those JB devs ever got paid then they OWE a jailbreak to us if it exists.

I'm sure they are more than willing to turn over what they have once its reasonable to do so. If giving up their only one means death to the jailbreak, then that would be irresponsible...we will just have to wait.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post


That's in part why some Dev's pulled out of the JB scene, tired of the constant demands and abuse, who can blame them for that?
If they recieved money for one of their apps then paying customers can blame them for leaving..I was around when jailbreakjng first began and am sad to see what it's become today. Back then people did it for prestige, now it's done for money. Makes them no different than apple. So if they want to accept payment then they accept all that goes with it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post


That's in part why some Dev's pulled out of the JB scene, tired of the constant demands and abuse, who can blame them for that?
If they recieved money for one of their apps then paying customers can blame them for leaving..I was around when jailbreakjng first began and am sad to see what it's become today. Back then people did it for prestige, now it's done for money. Makes them no different than apple. So if they want to accept payment then they accept all that goes with it.
Mrg02d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 AM   #118
wgr73
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post
Not really, it would mean that Apple closed all the holes, the prime hole being one they have had for some time, they would like to use that as entry point for future jailbreaks, if they release it because of that reason it would probably mean no jailbreak for some time to come after this one.
All holes closed = perfect software?...no. There will always be holes. Finding the hole will just become harder, that's all (i.e Longer wait for jailbreaks in the future).
__________________
MacBook Air (2013): 13", i7/8/512
iPhone 5s: 32gb Black
iPad rMini: 64gb Wifi Black
Flickr
wgr73 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:27 AM   #119
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrg02d View Post
Lets keep in mind alot of those nice Cydia apps costs us money. So it's not entitlement. If any of those JB devs ever got paid then they OWE a jailbreak to us if it exists.
Some Devs have paid apps in Cydia, they don't OWE us anything, they developed an app that worked on a jailbroken firmware. I don't remember seeing any contract that they need to provide follow ups for there working apps.

Perfect example of the modern entitlement generation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrg02d View Post
If they recieved money for one of their apps then paying customers can blame them for leaving..I was around when jailbreakjng first began and am sad to see what it's become today. Back then people did it for prestige, now it's done for money. Makes them no different than apple. So if they want to accept payment then they accept all that goes with it.[COLOR="#808080"]
They still do it for prestige, on the side the make some money on some apps, the jailbreaks have been free so far, voluntary donations for countless of hours put in to get a working jailbreak. Same entitlement mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
All holes closed = perfect software?...no. There will always be holes. Finding the hole will just become harder, that's all (i.e Longer wait for jailbreaks in the future).
They have had one of the bugs for over a year, i asume it is @chpwn's one.
Of course there will always be holes, however turnover rates on iOS updates are faster and the SHSH method no longer works (for the moment) so there might be a point in time where it will take too long to develop a good untether before a new major iOS version comes out, some smart guys at Apple as well which only job is to find bugs….
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:11 AM   #120
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
To those who think someone owes you a jailbreak

You are wrong !

Examine any hacks/apps you purchased, nowhere will you see a guarantee that you will be provided a lifetime jailbreak for every future firmware version.

Besides, jailbreak hackers rarely develop paid Cydia apps for this very misplaced belief.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:21 AM   #121
Schnedi
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
things are clear.

If iOS 6.1 closes the exploit they have, they will release the jailbreak for iOS 6.0.x

If iOS 6.1 doesn't close the exploit they won't release any jailbreak, cause they'll use it to find more issues for future jailbreaks...


BUT If 6.1 doesn't close the actual exploit AND they don't find any other exploit, WOULD they release the jailbreak? planetbeing hasn't answered to that (i think).


sorry if my english is not good :S

Last edited by Schnedi; Jan 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
Schnedi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:29 AM   #122
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Correct, the have some leads, even Saurik chiped in and put in some ideas.
It's a game of chess, always think X-number of steps ahead of your opponent, so if 6.1 doesn't close all exploits they will wait to ensure future jailbreaks.
I think they are close.

@planetbeing also mentioned it's a team effort (exploits by different members) and it will be a team decision to release any jailbreak.
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:37 AM   #123
Mrg02d
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Can we stop with the whole entitlement thing already? It's old, and is no better than calling people isheep...

Android people don't charge a dime for their work, so why do the Cydia devs? And android hacks do far far more than jailbreakjng does.

Fact is, charge money for your work and you have it coming to you. If the devs that do jailbreak want money then Cydia should share with them.

You guys need to go see what android rooting is all about. They ask for donations but never force it in exchange for an app or hack.

I have spent a lot of money on Cydia apps and would expect those that recieved my money to do everything in their power to ensure jailbreak lives on. That would also mean holding out for the sake of jailbreakjng future.
Mrg02d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:33 PM   #124
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrg02d View Post
Can we stop with the whole entitlement thing already? It's old, and is no better than calling people isheep...

Android people don't charge a dime for their work, so why do the Cydia devs? And android hacks do far far more than jailbreakjng does.

Fact is, charge money for your work and you have it coming to you. If the devs that do jailbreak want money then Cydia should share with them.

You guys need to go see what android rooting is all about. They ask for donations but never force it in exchange for an app or hack.

I have spent a lot of money on Cydia apps and would expect those that recieved my money to do everything in their power to ensure jailbreak lives on. That would also mean holding out for the sake of jailbreakjng future.
Like i said you don't have a clue…

The Jailbreak is free as are 80% of the Cydia tweaks.
If i remember correctly the nice apps for android are paid as well in the android market.

What is a lot of money? $10, $100, $1000? With $1-3 dollars a piece it is still cheap for that remaining 20% in Cydia.

I've read numerous posts by android switchers that rooting is indeed easier, android still can't get close to iOS, especially on jailbroken devices, which is complete freedom, android rooting is mostly for a different ROM, which ties you to a Dev's setup on that ROM (like in the old WINMO days)

It's a personal choice to go to Android or stay with iOS, but make sure that you get all your facts strait and you tell a fair story.

"Fact is, charge money for your work and you have it coming to you"
Sounds like a 12-year old to me…that mind set will not get you very far in life.

Your last statement is not well thought through…
They are doing exactly everything in their power to ensure jailbreaking lives on and make your purchased cydia app work in the future as well. Almost all the cydia devs (hundreds, not just the jailbreak devs) give you a free update for the next firmware or jailbreak.
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:52 PM   #125
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itjw View Post

Move on from jailbreaking. I have, and I can't tell you how nice it is to no longer be concerned with what firmware or basesband I have... I just update and enjoy the phone. And if I didn't enjoy it non-jailbroken I would BUY SOMETHING ELSE.

It's great!
What are you doing still here then?
Applejuiced is offline   4 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC