Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:30 AM   #1
MadTester
macrumors regular

Jelly Bean Update - Android Devices for those Mac users on LION

Hey all,

I thought I'd post this link up as the Jelly Bean OS MTP protocol is NOT supported on Lion...

2 things... if you want to sync your device (if you have HTC like me) then there is a download available from HTC site (i would assume the same for the Galaxy s3).

Secondly... here's the link to enable you to see your device files:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2057420

HTH
Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:42 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

There is also an app that I found invaluable called The Missing Sync. If I still had an android device I would be using that, still.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:59 AM   #3
WRXHokie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTester View Post
Hey all,

I thought I'd post this link up as the Jelly Bean OS MTP protocol is NOT supported on Lion...

2 things... if you want to sync your device (if you have HTC like me) then there is a download available from HTC site (i would assume the same for the Galaxy s3).

Secondly... here's the link to enable you to see your device files:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2057420

HTH

AFT has been out there for a long time... but it doesn't work with GSIII on Mac. Still broken and doesn't look like it'll be ever fixed at this point.
WRXHokie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Tinmania
macrumors 68030

I downloaded AFT the day I got my Nexus 4. Pretty sure it was in the quick-start guide.

But thanks for that link.... OMG AirDroid is amazing. Going to start a new thread about it as I never knew about and I'm sure a lot of others here do not either.

http://www.airdroid.com/

Michael
Tinmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices