Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:32 AM   #1
SuperMiguel
macrumors 6502

How much can i get?

I have a 27" 2011 iMac i7 CPU, SSD and 1TB drive, also it has 16gb of ram and upgraded video card...

i was the top of the line (everything maxed except the HD which i picked the SSD+1TB option instead of the 2TB) i think i play close to $4k

How much could i get out of it if i try to sell it?? Still has 1 or 2 years left on its Apple care contract...
SuperMiguel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:33 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:39 AM   #3
SuperMiguel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.
so mac2sell says $1.6k but it dint let me input like video card, or SSD drive,, So im guessing i can get a bit more

What do you guys think would be a fair price?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:19 AM   #4
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

I would say.....

$2000-2150 tops. Remaining AppleCare helps, but then, also helps good care of the machine and no functional/cosmetic issues.

If selling through an online site factor in shipping costs/fees. And be aware that the second-hand market is mainly price-driven (the less $ figure).

Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:04 PM   #5
SuperMiguel
macrumors 6502

wonder if its worth it... I run linux on my machine and im doing some simulations and i need more CPU power.. with 2k i can build a nice PC and run linux on it...

But i like my iMac

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice