Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
While you are looking, let us all in on your fantastic ideas.
Since it seems so easy, you sure must have some, besides just criticizing?

I am not sure why some of you are so upset at me ;-)

but anyway, how about phone that's wider and bigger(5 inch plus?) Clearly there are markets for it and apple missed them.(and please, don't give me this app compatibility issue crap. Chance was last year when they were expanding the crap to 4 inch.. Besides, this is what everyone has issue w/. why not innovate here?(Come up w/ some awesome solution. .. I don't know.. have all app come up as either 3.5 or 4 inch size but expand on demand(but qualit will lack unless it was specifically written for bigger size) but at least this gives lot of people who are looking for bigger phone a chance to grab ios device.

Missing of stylus? (They are still stuck on old notion).. But why not give us a choice anyway? I know today's sytlus do not work as well as it should be.
Why not come up w/ something that is so awesome that people will flock out to buy them?

How about touchscreen on osx and that are mobile?(lenovo one has battery powered 27 inch touch screen).
Sometimes I carry my 27 inch imac from upstairs to downstairs when I have to work from home but I have to stay downstairs to keep eyes on
couple things.. IN fact, I love my imac so much that I rather carry out my imac when I am on the road.. I cannot get serious work done on tiny 13 inch laptop for long.
This touchscreen driven big screen can really take all the board game out of it's own game.

Do you know that apple makes stuff and people will buy it? No matter what?
Don't give me this crap about how apple needs to only make stuff that matters.. they make plenty of **** and people just keep buying it.
So what's the differences?
Apple became too big and it stop being like startup company. No ideas are good enough unless it can fit everyone in the world.

While I am at it, I never understood how company like apple slacked off on such important thing like map which is crucial integrated part of it's own mobile os.
How about web browser? It's probably one of the most important app on the phone and I am all apple lover but I use chrome. What does that say about apple as a company?
Fact that Safari is not the best browser(undisputed) on osx bothers the **** out of me.
What about lack of email system? How stupid of people to love apple service so much but when logging onto some 3rd party stuff, they use either gmail or facebook login?

Don't get me wrong. I love apple products as much as next one.(own imac 27/mba/mb/iphone 4s/iphone 5 /ipod 4/nano).
But I am afraid I won't be going apple way on certain products going forward. I know apple will continue to grow but I am afraid some of the growth is
coming from old reputation rather than it's current product itself.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
I am not sure why some of you are so upset at me ;-)

but anyway, how about phone that's wider and bigger(5 inch plus?) Clearly there are markets for it and apple missed them.(and please, don't give me this app compatibility issue crap. Chance was last year when they were expanding the crap to 4 inch.. Besides, this is what everyone has issue w/. why not innovate here?(Come up w/ some awesome solution. .. I don't know.. have all app come up as either 3.5 or 4 inch size but expand on demand(but qualit will lack unless it was specifically written for bigger size) but at least this gives lot of people who are looking for bigger phone a chance to grab ios device.

Missing of stylus? (They are still stuck on old notion).. But why not give us a choice anyway? I know today's sytlus do not work as well as it should be.
Why not come up w/ something that is so awesome that people will flock out to buy them?

How about touchscreen on osx and that are mobile?(lenovo one has battery powered 27 inch touch screen).
Sometimes I carry my 27 inch imac from upstairs to downstairs when I have to work from home but I have to stay downstairs to keep eyes on
couple things.. IN fact, I love my imac so much that I rather carry out my imac when I am on the road.. I cannot get serious work done on tiny 13 inch laptop for long.
This touchscreen driven big screen can really take all the board game out of it's own game.

Do you know that apple makes stuff and people will buy it? No matter what?
Don't give me this crap about how apple needs to only make stuff that matters.. they make plenty of **** and people just keep buying it.
So what's the differences?
Apple became too big and it stop being like startup company. No ideas are good enough unless it can fit everyone in the world.

While I am at it, I never understood how company like apple slacked off on such important thing like map which is crucial integrated part of it's own mobile os.
How about web browser? It's probably one of the most important app on the phone and I am all apple lover but I use chrome. What does that say about apple as a company?
Fact that Safari is not the best browser(undisputed) on osx bothers the **** out of me.
What about lack of email system? How stupid of people to love apple service so much but when logging onto some 3rd party stuff, they use either gmail or facebook login?

Don't get me wrong. I love apple products as much as next one.(own imac 27/mba/mb/iphone 4s/iphone 5 /ipod 4/nano).
But I am afraid I won't be going apple way on certain products going forward. I know apple will continue to grow but I am afraid some of the growth is
coming from old reputation rather than it's current product itself.

I for one am not upset and you can have your opinion.

Fact is that you have not created anything in this field and criticize a company that has changed entire industries and ways we do things.

To please your expectations, should they come up with something fantastic every hour, every day, week or what?

For every item you list there is a counterpoint and product solutions by others.

Given a choice of who to trust in (between you and Apple) when it comes to product ideas and the way Apple does business and decides the directions they go in, I'll have to trust Apple.

Of course only until they hire you and straighten these laggards out and we all benefit from your fantastic inventions and creations.

Last edited:

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
I for one am not upset and you can have your opinion.

Fact is that you have not created anything in this field and criticize a company that has changed entire industries and ways we do things.

To please your expectations, should they come up with something fantastic every hour, every day, week or what?

For every item you list there is a counterpoint and product solutions by others.

Given a choice of who to trust in (between you and Apple) when it comes to product ideas and the way Apple does business and decides the directions they go in, I'll have to trust Apple.

Of course only until they hire you and straighten these laggards out and we all benefit from your fantastic inventions and creations.

Fair enough. I am just an apple fan who is frustrated.

MrDc2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
No, just because you think that it is "dumb" doesn't give you a right to carry devices with many times the maximum liquid allowance.

And why is it "trolling" to point out that you made a stupid comment that is ignorant of well publicized TSA carryon guidelines?

" Agreed. I just travelled internationally recently and they confiscated...drum roll please... my red bull."

It was a statement of fact. I don't see where I implied I had any right to carry it on. Do you? I'm glad you spent the extra time googling TSA regulations just for me though, I'm touched. :rolleyes:

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
" Agreed. I just travelled internationally recently and they confiscated...drum roll please... my red bull."

It was a statement of fact. I don't see where I implied I had any right to carry it on. Do you? I'm glad you spent the extra time googling TSA regulations just for me though, I'm touched. :rolleyes:

Just what was your point then?

You did something in flagrant violation of the clearly stated rules, and got caught.

Why say anything, let alone the flamboyant "drum roll" bit?

slam5000

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Just saying, the device has already been TSA approved. Also, the price is projected to drop a bit after launch. Keep in mind, a company launching their first product has to overprice a bit. They need to make back money spent developing the product. If you really want to, i suppose you could just poke a hole in the side of the cartridge yourself, but don't be upset when the butane evaporates, unless pressure is maintained, butane vaporizes in air. The other primary reason you can't refill them yourself, is to keep them under TSA regulations. If they're totally sealed, then you can't really do anything to use the explosive properties of butane, and given butane's chemical properties, trying to open the canister would make the butane pretty much disappear.

Last edited:

MrDc2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
Just what was your point then?

You did something in flagrant violation of the clearly stated rules, and got caught.

Why say anything, let alone the flamboyant "drum roll" bit?

Try some self-reflection with that very question before continuing with your ridiculous charade. Read the discussion first if you really want to know why I posted that. Simply: You can carry a compressed butane canister cell phone charger but you cannot carry on a simple beverage. TSA = Fail.

"Travel much?" - Is quite obvious. Akin to, " LOLYOUMAD?!" and several other infamous phrases. Simply write, " <Verb> much? " to ensure that you're not adding anything positive to the discussion.

Renzatic

Suspended
The biggest problem I see here is that people actually drink and seem to enjoy Red Bull. Now far be it from me to paint an entire demographic with one broad brush, but...Red Bull? Nasty stuff. What the hell are you all thinking?

It's like someone decided to crush 10 rolls of Smarties up, mix it in ginger ale, add three cups of sugar to enhance the flavor, then overcharge for the results.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
The biggest problem I see here is that people actually drink and seem to enjoy Red Bull. Now far be it from me to paint an entire demographic with one broad brush, but...Red Bull? Nasty stuff. What the hell are you all thinking?

It's like someone decided to crush 10 rolls of Smarties up, mix it in ginger ale, add three cups of sugar to enhance the flavor, then overcharge for the results.

But it goes pretty well with vodka

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
power-supply-D-battery-in.jpg

8 D cell batteries - $12
12v charger - $3
(some assembly required)
mWh: 160,800 - 32 charges

Cost/100 charges: $40.50
Cost/1000 charges: $378

product-tech.jpg

Nectar: $300
Replacement Cell: $10
mWh: 50,000 - 10 charges

Cost/100 charges: $400
Cost/1000 Charges: $1300

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.