Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Okay i've updated the list to REMOVE a few apps that are now on Android. Those revisions take longer for me because I don't have an android device anymore and i'm not as up to date on the google play store as I used to be, so I depend on Android users help to point out apps that are on Android now.

The removals are:

Avengers Initiative, Battle Cats, Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition, Beat Hazard Ultra, Heroes of Order and Chaos, Pitfall! (2012 Remake), Puzzle & Dragons, Sonic Jump, Super Monkey Ball 2,
You Don't Know Jack

I know Baldurs Gate and YDKJ arent technically out, but I know they are both inevitably coming, and very soon, so I just removed them now so I don't forget later.

Anyone who hasn't checked out Battle Cats and Beat Hazard Ultra is missing out!

----------

A handful of apps in my list are music production apps, and for a musician who wants to plug in a guitar, bass, or keyboard into their device for recording, amp modeling, and effects, android does not have an app that does what amplitube does, or garage band, or animoog. And I haven't found an Android equivalent to iTunes U. A lot of instrument manufacturers like Korg, Propellerhead, Fender, and Moog only release their apps on iOS.

Amplitube and Garage Band we're a big reason why I made the switch.

I think it's safe to say that Android has more offerings for business/office type apps, iOS has more offerings for music, and art.

Android is now getting something called iRig? Guess it is for recording pretty much anything at a professional level and has multiple input devices, including for guitars.

Link to press release: http://m.musicradar.com/news/tech/ik-multimedia-unveils-irig-recorder-android-app-569307

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012

Greg.

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
London, UK
Android user pointing out to OP they can play pokemon on their device:

FSGvo.gif

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
List updated with more apps. Additions for this revision are:

Joe Danger, Wake The Cat, Noble Nutlings, Autumn Dynasty, Juggle It, Time Surfer, Amazing Ants, GeoDash: Wild Animal Adventure, Slingshot Racing, Tentacles: Enter The Dolphin, Madcoaster, Bumpy Road,
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, Dondonpachi Maximum, Trenches, Archetype, Reckless Racing 2, Bounty Bots, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard, Call Of Snakes, Wurdle, Lostwinds 2: Winter of the Melodias, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Puppetshow: Mystery of Joyville, Puzzle Agent, Myst, Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, Hector: Badge of Carnage, Kaptain Brawe: A Brave New World, Shadow Warrior, Outwitters, Supermagical, League Of Evil 2, Smash Cops, Apocalypse Max, Robokill, Might & Magic: Clash Of Heroes, Twisted Lands: Origin HD

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Time it would take to search for all these apps in the newly revamped iOS6 app store = 10,000 light years.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
The list has been updated. Highlights include the excellent Little Inferno, Gun Bros 2, Pixel People, The Silent Age, and Year Walk.

Apps added this revision:

West Legends, Penumbear, Gravity.Duck, Zombieville USA 2, King Cashing 2, The Gods: Rebellion, Polymer, Heroes and Castles, Table Top Racing, Danmaku Unlimited, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Pixel People, Warpspeed 2, 247 Missles, Robot Rampage, Skee-Ball 2, Spunk And Moxie, Jool, I, Gladiator, Expand It!, Gun Bros 2, Crazy Bill, The Silent Age, Lightning Assault, Year Walk, Crazy Quest, Phoenix HD, Parallax 2, Flight Unlimited Las Vegas, Cyto, Bit Dungeon, Escape The Swamp, Fishmoto, Tactical Soldier, Little Acorns, Le Havre, Hairy Tales, Tractor DJ, You Don't Know Jack, ModCloth, Wind Tunnel, MathMateer, Circuit Playground, Roland VR-09 Editor, Glitchamaphone, iMPC, Blue Note, Korg iElectribe, Korg iKaossilator, Korg iMS-20, Glitchbreaks, Rockmate, iSequencer HD, Bloom HD, Orphion, Percolator, Over HD, Barefoot World Atlas, Aquaria, Infinity Field, Cinebeat, Slingshot Puzzle HD, 1001 Attempts

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Google has as many apps as Android.

The missing app/game availability holds no weight on both platforms. Unless your looking for something specific. Also Apple might have a bigger Game to App ratio.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
Far Cry 3 will probably be ported to iOS around the year 2023

The day it hits the app store people will be going iOS is the best b/c it has Far Cry 3 and Android doesn't!!

Far Cry 3 for iOS will also be F2P but you'll only be allowed to play 30 mins at a time unless you pay $10 for gems

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
I don't care that much about games, but stuff Iike professional apps make by corporations in medical, engineering, environmental fields seem to favor ios.
I thought android would be better there but it is not the hot OS. Windows has been used for all that for ages on the other hand.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
The list has been updated. Highlights include the excellent Little Inferno, Gun Bros 2, Pixel People, The Silent Age, and Year Walk.

Apps added this revision:

West Legends, Penumbear, Gravity.Duck, Zombieville USA 2, King Cashing 2, The Gods: Rebellion, Polymer, Heroes and Castles, Table Top Racing, Danmaku Unlimited, Danmaku Unlimited 2, Pixel People, Warpspeed 2, 247 Missles, Robot Rampage, Skee-Ball 2, Spunk And Moxie, Jool, I, Gladiator, Expand It!, Gun Bros 2, Crazy Bill, The Silent Age, Lightning Assault, Year Walk, Crazy Quest, Phoenix HD, Parallax 2, Flight Unlimited Las Vegas, Cyto, Bit Dungeon, Escape The Swamp, Fishmoto, Tactical Soldier, Little Acorns, Le Havre, Hairy Tales, Tractor DJ, You Don't Know Jack, ModCloth, Wind Tunnel, MathMateer, Circuit Playground, Roland VR-09 Editor, Glitchamaphone, iMPC, Blue Note, Korg iElectribe, Korg iKaossilator, Korg iMS-20, Glitchbreaks, Rockmate, iSequencer HD, Bloom HD, Orphion, Percolator, Over HD, Barefoot World Atlas, Aquaria, Infinity Field, Cinebeat, Slingshot Puzzle HD, 1001 Attempts

I don't mean to sound rude, but why are you wasting your time creating this pointless list? Unless you create a list listing every app thats missing from ios and android - then its pretty pointless.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Time it would take to search for all these apps in the newly revamped iOS6 app store = 10,000 light years.

You realise a light year is a measurement of distance right? Not time. A light year is the distance light travels in a year. Its like saying it would take 10,000 miles for iOS users to find the new apps.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
You realise a light year is a measurement of distance right? Not time. A light year is the distance light travels in a year. Its like saying it would take 10,000 miles for iOS users to find the new apps.

Yes I realize that, sarcasm knows no science.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
The list is in some dire need of re-classification. Seems majority of the apps are all games, which are a dime a dozen these days.

I think it may be more meaningful to see what sort of apps IOS gets which allows them to be more versatile than android devices, despite the latter's superior specs.

For instance, there is the educreations app for ipad (and ipad mini), which is a whiteboard app that lets users record their own screencasts and host it from the creator's own website. Not available for android. Great if you are a teacher interested in flipped classroom teaching. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.