Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
I wanted to share something which I believe most people are unaware of regarding email signatures and changing the font color of the text. I wanted to match my email signature as it appears when I send an email through Microsoft outlook from my PC at work. Well I searched and searched for ways to change the font color and add it to my email with no luck. When I pasted the text in the signature box it would default to black in color. Well after I pasted the text in black, instead of deleting it, I shook the phone to undo the entire paste and instead of saying undo typing, the phone said undo change attributes. I selected that option and for some reason the font reverted to the colored version I was actually wanting and did not delete it. I tried several things before this and was almost to the point of giving up. I have attached some screen shots of the phone. Hope this helps someone out!

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    57.1 KB · Views: 3,609
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,934
  • photo 3.jpeg
    photo 3.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 3,143
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    160.4 KB · Views: 2,913
  • photo 5.PNG
    photo 5.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,818

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Ok wow, i really could have used that in the last two years lol. Why didn't any of your guys tell me about that, what else are you keeping from me :D

It's a bit annoying sometimes to be honest, because I'll be typing up a text and I stop and do something in the middle of it, and because I "shook" my phone, it undid what I typed up. Really annoying when it happens.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
It's a bit annoying sometimes to be honest, because I'll be typing up a text and I stop and do something in the middle of it, and because I "shook" my phone, it undid what I typed up. Really annoying when it happens.

i have never had that happen, if i did i would have started a thread about "shakegate" and how the last update had runind my phone :D (just kidding) but it would have freaked me out some.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I wanted to share something which I believe most people are unaware of regarding email signatures and changing the font color of the text. I wanted to match my email signature as it appears when I send an email through Microsoft outlook from my PC at work. Well I searched and searched for ways to change the font color and add it to my email with no luck. When I pasted the text in the signature box it would default to black in color. Well after I pasted the text in black, instead of deleting it, I shook the phone to undo the entire paste and instead of saying undo typing, the phone said undo change attributes. I selected that option and for some reason the font reverted to the colored version I was actually wanting and did not delete it. I tried several things before this and was almost to the point of giving up. I have attached some screen shots of the phone. Hope this helps someone out!

Hot dang! That sure sounds easier than what I suggested in a previous thread. Wonder if images are still "tricky"...

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

How do manage to shake the phone and then also touch the confirmation "undo typing" pop up exactly right to delete?

Seems like quite a lot to happen just during a shake :confused:

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
How do manage to shake the phone and then also touch the confirmation "undo typing" pop up exactly right to delete?

I honestly don't know, but it happened so often that I installed a tweak that prevented it from happening when I jailbroke my iPhone 4 and 4S when I had them.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009

You shake the phone. Then at some point, you stop shaking the phone. At this point you should have a popup asking if you want to undo typing or something like that. You don't push the button while shaking!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

Is this a serious question? You shake the phone, the dialogue box comes up and you stop shaking it, then press the button. You don't have to keep shaking the phone to make music play randomly....

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Great!!!:D

indyarchyguy

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
The "Shake" Frustrations

I have tried and tried to follow the steps, and yet I can't get this to work. Sorry, newbie here. When I paste the signature I have, I shake the phone and I get the option to "Undo Paste". It doesn't give me the option for "Undo Change Attributes". Obviously I am dense....Am I missing something?

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
My fellow iphone users:

Does anyone else find is strange/sad that here we are in 2013 and we have to find hacks just to put some color into our e-mails?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.