Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:40 PM   #1
ProfNaz
macrumors newbie

Keyboard and Trackpad automatically go to sleep?

Hi all,

I'm new to macs. Just received my iMac!

I ran a search on the forums but couldn't find anything.

I was wondering...

If I put my iMac in "sleep mode" (not shut down) will the keyboard and trackpad go into economy/sleep mode too?

Also, how long do peoples keyboard and trackpads usually last before needing new batteries?

Thanks!
ProfNaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:48 PM   #2
NewbieCanada
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfNaz View Post
Hi all,
If I put my iMac in "sleep mode" (not shut down) will the keyboard and trackpad go into economy/sleep mode too?

Also, how long do peoples keyboard and trackpads usually last before needing new batteries?

Thanks!
I think they sleep (in terms of the bluetooth connection) all on their own. I don't use a wireless keyboard, but in my experience my trackpad lasts about a month, using rechargeables. And I strongly recommend rechargeables!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3
xMClass
macrumors 6502

How long the battery lasts depends on your amount of use. If I remember correctly, I only had to change batteries once a month on my old iMac's magic mouse and keyboard.
xMClass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 05:21 PM   #4
NewAnger
Banned

I don't use my BT keyboard as much as some so I only change the batteries once every 6-8 months or so. I do use it everyday, I just use it very little, mostly to type in a TV show name or use the arrow keys in iTunes. I bought a Magic Trackpad last night to go with this MacBook which is a 2008 black MB.

My BT keyboard was bought in 2008.
NewAnger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:17 PM   #5
ProfNaz
macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your replies.

That seems great.

I think I'll be in the 6 month range too. I don't use the keyboard much either and if I play a game, I'll be using a USB gamers mouse.
ProfNaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals