Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1
mogzieee
macrumors 6502a

FCPX crashed, forced reboot, now corrupt file & backups. Have I lost everything?!

Hey techno friends,

So last night I was working on a project in Final Cut Pro X on my rMBP 15". Everything was fine, no crashes, no bugs right up until I try to add some text. Not sure why, but the adding of the text completely threw FCPX and the whole computer crashed! It wasn't even something I could fix with a force quit of FCPX.

Anyway so I had to force shut down and restart my MacBook, which is never a nice thing to do.

This morning when I started re-editing, the whole project has just gone from the project library. The Event with all the clips remains, but sadly not my project.

In Finder, my file still remains:

...but it doesn't like being opened:

...and then when I try opening any of the backups, I just get a solid state of this progress bar, which, after hours of waiting... does nothing. Eventually crashes FCPX.

So guys, is there anything I can do to potentially save this? Many thanks for any tips in advance.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:54 PM   #2
TOMIMOT
macrumors regular

Damn that sucks sorry it happened to you. From my knowledge I do believe you lost everything unless you backed up your Mac recently, try using time machine?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:08 PM   #3
mogzieee
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMIMOT View Post
Damn that sucks sorry it happened to you. From my knowledge I do believe you lost everything unless you backed up your Mac recently, try using time machine?
Thanks for the response man, really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I think you might be right. Sadly no there isn't any Time Machine backup for this laptop
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:37 AM   #4
osx-addict
macrumors newbie

This is exactly why I started using Crashplan more than a year ago.. I kept telling myself that I'd buy some decent backup software + hardware to make it seamless but in the end decided that I'd never get off my rear-end to both pony up the $$ to make it happen nor getting the actual time to do the requisite homework & associated time investment. So, I bought a 2 year Crashplan package and it's been backing things up since (yes, encrypted with their highest level of encryption)
osx-addict is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
backup, corrupt, crash, fcpx, final cut pro x