Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ba.Gordon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Hi All have a go pro 3 and I want to put the sd card into may iPad and play the pic or video but I am getting an error message:
Cannot read the connected storage media.
Any ideas.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Hi All have a go pro 3 and I want to put the sd card into may iPad and play the pic or video but I am getting an error message:
Cannot read the connected storage media.
Any ideas.

I just googled it and the there were solutions that were not hard to find. I would suggest doing the same or contacting Woodman Labs the makers of GoPro. The contact and support information needed is available on the GoPro website.

Ba.Gordon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
I just googled it and the there were solutions that were not hard to find. I would suggest doing the same or contacting Woodman Labs the makers of GoPro. The contact and support information needed is available on the GoPro website.

I have tryed this but some are saying the iPad can't read 64gb cards, some are saying wrong format use fat on xFat but it seems fat is no good for go pro 3 ?
Have you found any thing else?
Plz help

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I am not familiar with the GoPro but one of the things to try was R1,R2,R3 settings. They said that it would not read the R4 or R5 setting.

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
You have answered the question yourself. The card is the wrong format. Load the card onto your machine and view the stuff via iTunes or whatever.

I don't think it was ever stated this could be done the way you wished.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
It is h.264

You could try a simple rename the extension to .m4v, if that doesn't work try Subler.

I think he wants to view the videos directly from the GoPro. I do not think that we want to process the videos on a computer prior to viewing on an iPad.

Ba.Gordon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
I think he wants to view the videos directly from the GoPro. I do not think that we want to process the videos on a computer prior to viewing on an iPad.

Hi yes brand you are correct.
i can play the files from my 64gb sdxc card but only when in fat format which is no good for files bigger the 4gb!!!
is the any way around playing it formated in Xfat on the iPad or will it just not play Xfat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.