Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chronolegacy

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
I'm not sure about the more expensive brands, but I bought a clear plastic case from ebay and its a fingerprint magnet, but yeah plastic cases tends to do that, just a heads up.

MacAttacked

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2011
I'm not sure about the more expensive brands, but I bought a clear plastic case from ebay and its a fingerprint magnet, but yeah plastic cases tends to do that, just a heads up.

That's why you buy one with a matte finish like the one this thread is about :D

I have this cheap one and a Spigen, both in matte. Neither one shows fingerprints nor scratches.

Shakkan

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
Sorry to revive this thread, but I am looking for a clear case for my black iPhone 5, and I read through this whole thread (along with others). I *thought* I had finally found the perfect cheap case, but it does look like crap on the black iPhone.

Is the conclusion that with the white iPhone 5, that 3$ case works/looks great, and people with the black one should go with the SGP Ultra Thin Air?

Thanks!

aliciadear

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2012
Sorry to revive this thread, but I am looking for a clear case for my black iPhone 5, and I read through this whole thread (along with others). I *thought* I had finally found the perfect cheap case, but it does look like crap on the black iPhone.

Is the conclusion that with the white iPhone 5, that 3$ case works/looks great, and people with the black one should go with the SGP Ultra Thin Air?

Thanks!

My dad has used ones from ebay that are similar to the clear one OP posted and he has a black iPhone 5. He searches for black cases that meet the same specifications as the one the OP posted and has had pretty good luck. This isn't the exact one my dad has ordered, but this looks like your best bet. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matte-Trans...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item1e77bf7905

I have a white 5 and have the same style case in many colors and switch out all the time. I've also used the kind that wrap all the way over the top edge which I thought I would prefer, but I've since found that I like both styles equally. I have probably purchased 15 of these cases from various sellers and will continue to do so.

----------

Oh, I did find a black one from a seller I've used. It takes forever and a day to get here from China, but this is one of the sturdiest ones I've used and I've been VERY happy with the mint color case I ordered from this collection! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Thin-...02015?var=&hash=item76c477a014&vti=Color Pink

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.