Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Do you have the preview turned on or not? I am torn. I get paged for work and its convenient to be able to simply look at the lock screen to see if I have to call in or if its just a ticket got opened.

On the other hand my wife and I sometimes have inappropriate text conversations and I'm worried that someone might read an inappropriate comment or see a picture if my phone is on the table or I'm like showing someone a picture on my phone.

What do you do any why?

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Do you have the preview turned on or not? I am torn. I get paged for work and its convenient to be able to simply look at the lock screen to see if I have to call in or if its just a ticket got opened.

On the other hand my wife and I sometimes have inappropriate text conversations and I'm worried that someone might read an inappropriate comment or see a picture if my phone is on the table or I'm like showing someone a picture on my phone.

What do you do any why?

lol same for me "referring to bold"

I keep mine on preview just for the fact its annoying to always have to unlock to see the message. I just keep the phone in close proximity to me.

xFiGGiE

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2012
There's an IM program called 'Yak' that features password protection and push notifications that give no details.

My wife and I use text messages 99% of the time, but agree to use Yak for any comments we wouldn't want strangers to see.

Best of both worlds.

Check out a program called Avacado https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avocado/id510134530?mt=8. I just signed up for their premium service because they had a promo going on that if you install before 12/31/12 you get a lifetime subscription. Anyways try the free version out and let me know what you think. Great GUI/sexier than Yak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.