Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1
jcorbin
macrumors 6502a

iMessage/text preview

Do you have the preview turned on or not? I am torn. I get paged for work and its convenient to be able to simply look at the lock screen to see if I have to call in or if its just a ticket got opened.

On the other hand my wife and I sometimes have inappropriate text conversations and I'm worried that someone might read an inappropriate comment or see a picture if my phone is on the table or I'm like showing someone a picture on my phone.

What do you do any why?
jcorbin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Small White Car
macrumors G4

There's an IM program called 'Yak' that features password protection and push notifications that give no details.

My wife and I use text messages 99% of the time, but agree to use Yak for any comments we wouldn't want strangers to see.

Best of both worlds.
Small White Car is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Zaft
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorbin View Post
Do you have the preview turned on or not? I am torn. I get paged for work and its convenient to be able to simply look at the lock screen to see if I have to call in or if its just a ticket got opened.

On the other hand my wife and I sometimes have inappropriate text conversations and I'm worried that someone might read an inappropriate comment or see a picture if my phone is on the table or I'm like showing someone a picture on my phone.

What do you do any why?
lol same for me "referring to bold"

I keep mine on preview just for the fact its annoying to always have to unlock to see the message. I just keep the phone in close proximity to me.
Zaft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:11 PM   #4
xFiGGiE
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
There's an IM program called 'Yak' that features password protection and push notifications that give no details.

My wife and I use text messages 99% of the time, but agree to use Yak for any comments we wouldn't want strangers to see.

Best of both worlds.
Check out a program called Avacado https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avoc...510134530?mt=8. I just signed up for their premium service because they had a promo going on that if you install before 12/31/12 you get a lifetime subscription. Anyways try the free version out and let me know what you think. Great GUI/sexier than Yak.
xFiGGiE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:54 PM   #5
C DM
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFiGGiE View Post
Check out a program called Avacado https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avoc...510134530?mt=8. I just signed up for their premium service because they had a promo going on that if you install before 12/31/12 you get a lifetime subscription. Anyways try the free version out and let me know what you think. Great GUI/sexier than Yak.
Along those lines there's also Pair: http://tenthbit.com/.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone