Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doubleaa

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Being that it is in Russia, it would be fitting if this giant iPhone was a Product Red edition.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Just like we celebrate Christopher Columbus for being a murderer we celebrate Jobs for being a SOB arrogant snob.

Maybe a new Holiday in tribute to the late Jobs is next?

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
It's great! A 6' sculpture in the courtyard of some apartment building in Russia, who cares! It's amusing!

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Now where have I seen that memorial before?

applestore-2001odissey.gif

JAQ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Purgatory MI
The year my boyfriend worked at the Apple Store, he sold a lot of iPhone 3G's to Russians. "I vould like 10 iPhone, da?"
For what it's worth.

cxny

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
New York
Ah touché. But that's got historical and geographical significance at Menlo Park. I don't see the point of a huge iPhone "memorial" in a science lab's courtyard in St Petersberg, Russia.

I'm not sure anybody does, except for the Petro$$ that paid for it.

mactoday

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2006
Moscow, Russia
Marx, Stalin, and Lenin must be rolling in their graves.

:D

You so uneducated, you should be ashamed of yourself. Russia almost 22 years live without communism, while your government kill people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya because of oil, Russia has own oil and doesn't need to kill people. So, shut the **** up and enjoy your ****ing life.
You're not disgusted by the fact that all iPhones have been made by chinese communists?

Last edited:

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I don't even understand how this happened. Someone "designed" it, and it was supposed to look like an iPhone, which would require no actual original design at all. Yet they still somehow messed it up.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Kinda odd that it has a huge bezel...

You so uneducated, you should be ashamed of yourself. Russia almost 22 years live without communism, while your government kill people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya because of oil, Russia has own oil and doesn't need to kill people. So, shut the **** up and enjoy your ****ing life.

08%20cool%20story%20bro.jpg

StrudelTurnover

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
You're not disgusted by the fact that all iPhones have been made by chinese communists?

Nice job negating your "stale opinions" rant with one of your own.
As I'm sure you (and certainly your elders) know, Communism does not permit legal gambling, and wants to eradicate it. Yet China acquired Macau in 1999. No signs of it slowing down. That's a motive of capitalism, as long as the government gets to control what gambling occurs, it's willing to benefit. It's one of my Political Science professor's favorite arguments to make about economic policy double standards that betray political motives.

(And with that, I'm probably already off-topic enough to get bumped to the Politics forum. Reply at your own risk. ;))

Last edited:

Bezetos

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2012
far away from an Apple store
To all the people who think that it's stupid that the screen is that small, let me break it down for you:

You are suppose to interact with this screen. How stupid you would look trying to interact with a screen that starts at your ankles? The screen size and position is a result of good UX.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
To all the people who think that it's stupid that the screen is that small, let me break it down for you:

You are suppose to interact with this screen. How stupid you would look trying to interact with a screen that starts at your ankles? The screen size and position is a result of good UX.

Well let me pose this back to you then. Could they not have had two screens. One that you interact with at the top and then another butted up against it under it so that the "appearance" was of a full screen iPhone.

Personally I don't really care (about what it looks like) - I'm never going to go see it and I find the marketing on their website extremely tacky. But there are ways they could have make it more iPhone-like.

That being said - there's also a greater chance that Apple would have it removed if it were.

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004
at first i thought it was pretty cool but after hearing about the message from sj, not so cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.