Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Dr. McKay
macrumors 6502a

Emulator enhancer problems

Have downloaded some Genesis roms and the Genesis plus emulator. To be able to use my Logitech Precision Pro joypad, I need Emulator Enhancer.
I'm supposed to put the driver in Library\Application Support\ but it doesn't seem to work.

Any thoughts ?
I'm using OS X.6.8, Genesis Plus version 1.3.1 and Emulator Enhancer 2.4.0
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:18 PM   #2
ScottishCaptain
macrumors 6502a

Use OpenEmu instead.

http://openemu.org
http://twitter.com/openemu
https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu

It has a Genesis Plus plugin.

I wouldn't recommend anything from this Bannister guy. I don't know who he is, but he seems to be selling Mac Ports of other emulators written by other people via his "Emulator Enhancer" extension.

OpenEmu is the way to go, it's poised to be the best way to play emulated games now and in the future as mostly everything else out there has been abandoned.

-SC
Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:03 PM   #3
superberg
macrumors newbie

"This Bannister guy" was one of the first people to bring emulators to the Mac. He has been porting emulators since the late 90s/early 00s.

He hasn't been doing much work in the emu field lately, so there are probably better solutions out there. But he's hardly a nobody, and definitely not suspect. There was a time when many major console emulators came to the Mac via his hard work.
superberg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:25 PM   #4
aidanpendragon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by superberg View Post
"This Bannister guy" was one of the first people to bring emulators to the Mac. He has been porting emulators since the late 90s/early 00s.

He hasn't been doing much work in the emu field lately, so there are probably better solutions out there. But he's hardly a nobody, and definitely not suspect. There was a time when many major console emulators came to the Mac via his hard work.
He's also a nice guy, so if you email him for tech support he might be able to help.
aidanpendragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:42 PM   #5
mmxbass
macrumors newbie

Don't waste your time with this. Bannister is a bottom-feeder. He removes functionality from free software and then charges money to put it back in. His attitude would get him laughed out of town on any other platform, I don't know why people put up with him on the Mac.

Get NekoLauncher Mednafen. It's an OSX multisystem emulator that is 100% free and infinitely superior to anything Bannister has scummed up.
mmxbass is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games