Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I am looking for a list of which iPods are supported on OS Mountain Lion. For my children's room, I would like to find a no-fuss, cheap 30 pin iPod to play lullabies. I have the 30 pin iHome glow so it will triple as night light, music player, charger.

racoop

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
I am looking for a list of which iPods are supported on OS Mountain Lion. For my children's room, I would like to find a no-fuss, cheap 30 pin iPod to play lullabies. I have the 30 pin iHome glow so it will triple as night light, music player, charger.

To the best of my knowledge, any iPod should work on OS ML. For some of the newer iPods, you would need the adaptor for the new small connector, if you want to use the light. I'll be corrected and flamed if wrong, so please stand by!

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
That's correct; all generations of iPod going back to the original from 2001 are supported by the latest version of iTunes running under Mountain Lion.

If you're looking for a good, cheap iPod, look around for a 30GB fifth generation. You can find them for around $50-100 on Craigslist, and they're great little iPods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.