Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1176
Dipwind
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
When my toast popped up out of the toaster this morning, I swear I saw a 3, so I think that's a sign it'll be 3 more weeks for my iMac.
Again depends of the perspective, yours might be on of that 3!! but in the end, it wasn't ohhhhh WTF, that toast was saved to be destroyed and also the kitchen window.

That blokes from apple are rubbish those guys that put info on the spreadsheet are also a peace of Sh.......t, when do I gone a have my F.....ing machine?????

And after some days weeks whatever, someone knocks your door with a present, I bet that your face will have a nice smile and you'll forget all you've think and said. all the energy you've spent was worth I would say much better that way then to be static and not let you go with the wind.

Dip
Dipwind is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:15 PM   #1177
ihaveneverknown
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panomania56 View Post
Just in case anyone from Apple is reading this...

Guys, if you have production problems that are likely to cause delays why don't you just tell people that you've got a problem? And maybe post up a webpage somewhere with occasional updates so we know how things are progressing? That way, a whole bunch of people don't get half so frustrated and, what's more, they'll blame your display manufacturer and not you! It's a win-win!

But instead, you release zero information, treating us like the proverbial bunch of mushrooms - you keep us in the dark and cover us in crap and hope we'll be grateful for the experience!

Just because your product is so good doesn't mean you can afford appalling customer service. That's how it feels to folks who've paid up-front against promises they no longer trust.

Isn't this Customer Relations 101?!
You mean other then the fact that they didn't make available the computer until over 30 days after the announcement, and then quite accurately convey (within a rather broad time period, but mostly accurate regardless) the shipment times and delays for each order placed?

First world problems. So you have to wait 30 days to an early adopter of a cutting edge piece of technology. Unless the lack of the new computer has a detrimental effect on your income (a graphic designer w/ a broken computer) complaining about this seems ridiculous.
ihaveneverknown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:26 PM   #1178
Katori
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveneverknown View Post
Unless the lack of the new computer has a detrimental effect on your income (a graphic designer w/ a broken computer) complaining about this seems ridiculous.
That's just the problem for a lot of us, such as me, who placed my order on Dec 21 and has not got a peep since. It would be different if they were updating us on the status. Even just what our number in the queue was, even just daily. Even just what order days they had totally finished or nearly totally finished. Even just what the actual delay or problem is. SOME kind of communication. But instead we get nothing. My means of supporting my family are kinda on the line here.
Katori is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1179
Slick1phone
macrumors newbie

What's missing here? I've been looking at this corner of my room for 2 weeks wishing it would just appear. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	389361  
Slick1phone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:49 PM   #1180
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1phone View Post
What's missing here? I've been looking at this corner of my room for 2 weeks wishing it would just appear. Lol
A cable organization system?
shenan1982 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1181
jckok
macrumors newbie

It's finally here!

Writing this from my very new, very big screened, very thin, very cool, so far very perfect, and very first iMac.
Very happy with my 3,2 1tb fusion 680 mx, 8 gb (soon to be 32) machine. It may be starting to be a bit of a cliché, but it is indeed worth the wait!

Ordered Dec 4th, wire transfer approved Dec 6th, preparing Jan 3rd, shipped Jan 4th and received, well actually i went and got it myself at the UPS warehouse, today, Jan 10th. Sheet has been updated.

I hope everybody receives theirs as soon as possible!

Quick pic taken with phone. Not it's her (I think she's a she. It just doesn't sound right ) final place in our home, but just had to have a go.

p.s. there was a site you could visit to check the status of your mac, with regards to dead pixels, bleeding etc. Lost the link. Anybody have it / know it?
jckok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:57 PM   #1182
Slick1phone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
A cable organization system?
Lol. Waiting to get a new desk
Slick1phone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:14 PM   #1183
impromptukiss
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryenhilllvr View Post
apparently the spreadsheet has been experiencing problems. it was down yesterday for a little while

lucky you...what website did you use? i ordered through there as well and i'm still waiting. to be fair though, i have different specs. hopefully mine will shortly follow. did you notice your cancel order button dissappear at all or did it just go straight to shipped?
my cancel button went away yesterday when it went to processing.

I ordered from the apple govt site here - http://store.apple.com/us_epp_55499

my husband is navy.
impromptukiss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1184
Frozentoast
macrumors regular

27-inch iMac
3.4GHz i7
32GB DDR3
768GB Flash Storage
GTX 680MX

Ordered: 11th December 2012
Preparing: 10th January 2013
Shipped: 10th January 2013
Estimated: 16th January 2013
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:00 PM   #1185
Panomania56
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveneverknown View Post
You mean other then the fact that they didn't make available the computer until over 30 days after the announcement, and then quite accurately convey (within a rather broad time period, but mostly accurate regardless) the shipment times and delays for each order placed?

First world problems. So you have to wait 30 days to an early adopter of a cutting edge piece of technology. Unless the lack of the new computer has a detrimental effect on your income (a graphic designer w/ a broken computer) complaining about this seems ridiculous.
I understand your point, and there will always be those who take a loyal stance where Apple are concerned and that's fine, but clearly there *has* been a problem with production and, just as clearly, Apple have chosen not to communicate that to the people who paid them for an advertised product on the day they were open for orders (it's not like it was a speculative purchase!).

Apple gave me a pre-Jan delivery date. It's now almost 2 weeks into Jan. A little information would go a long way to understanding the problem from their point of view.

Just read the pages here and wonder how much less angst there might have been had people had an inkling of the actual problem.

And yep, you're right, I'm a graphic designer who was planning to carry out some heavy-duty commissions on the iMac. Those projects have taken a lot longer on my old machine. There were alternatives. I went for a BTO iMac. My risk, but it would have been nice to have avoided some of the 'we can't tell you what's going on'-related frustration. As as I said, customer Service 101.
Panomania56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:15 PM   #1186
Wagnel
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wagnel
It's here

First post from my new 27"
Definitely worth the wait

Ordered Dec 11th
Preparing Jan 4th
Shipped Jan 7th
Wagnel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:23 PM   #1187
OT2000
macrumors regular

In case it helps anybody, Sacramento Apple Store has a few of the base "27 in stock.
OT2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1188
cfenoglio
macrumors newbie

Almost

ordered Dec 8th and has shipped with an anticipated 15th delivery. I have tried repeatedly to update the spreadsheet with little success so will probably will stop.

As far as the complaints about Apple and deliveries, I am as impatient as anyone but when I ordered the site said will ship in January. I kept up my end and paid them and they kept up their end.

Be glad to see it on my desk.
cfenoglio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:28 PM   #1189
caseofwine
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to caseofwine
Cool wasting my life trying to track down my iMac

This is getting ridiculous. I cant belive how much time i have wasted watching and waiting for my first iMac to arrive.

Here are my details
Ordered: 12/13/12
Preparing for shippment: 1/9/13
Shipped: 1/10/13
currently.. have no clue.. probably enjoying an egg role someplace.
Jan 10, 2013 4:14 PMLeft FedEx origin facility SHANGHAI CN

I cant wait for my life to go back to normal and be productive.
caseofwine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1190
turtlez
Banned

Ordered on the 22nd, still processing. Each day I regret not ordering it earlier. At least my OWC ram will turn up before the iMac.. lol
turtlez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1191
LornaP
macrumors newbie

Preparing to ship

Base config 27"
Ordered Dec 19th, payment by credit card (barclay finance offer)
Went to "Preparing to ship" in the last 4 hours.
There is a pending charge on the credit card account.

Will update the spreadsheet when it allows me to.
LornaP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:45 PM   #1192
turtlez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LornaP View Post
Base config 27"
Ordered Dec 19th, payment by credit card (barclay finance offer)
Went to "Preparing to ship" in the last 4 hours.
There is a pending charge on the credit card account.

Will update the spreadsheet when it allows me to.
sweet you are the 2nd person I have read that saying it shipped/preparing today on a 19th Dec order. Guess that means within 3 days for mine!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:49 PM   #1193
LornaP
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
sweet you are the 2nd person I have read that saying it shipped/preparing today on a 19th Dec order. Guess that means within 3 days for mine!
I sure hope so.. Good luck!!
LornaP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1194
turtlez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LornaP View Post
I sure hope so.. Good luck!!
and good luck to you. May you get a flawless machine haha
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:04 PM   #1195
elohel
macrumors member

ordered dec 18

preparing for shipment jan 10

i7 3.4 680mx 8gb Magic Trackpad 1tb fusion

Last edited by elohel; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
elohel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:27 PM   #1196
iPhenom
macrumors newbie

Please post the specs for your iMac when you say it is preparing for shipment/ shipped so we can see how long it is taking for certain orders. Thank You
iPhenom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1197
sounddesigner
macrumors regular

Well I hope my computer starts prepping soon since I ordered on the 18th
sounddesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1198
Toddnnc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBUCZ View Post
Hey we're did you get 32gb of ram for 70bucks
Sorry, left out the 1 in 170 bucks from owc

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpro2000 View Post
Are you sure it was a 3tb fusion in the store. I was told only 1tb would be in the stores?
No just saying they had 27s, if they had the 3tb fusion I'd gotten and canceled..........processing
Toddnnc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:10 PM   #1199
Aluminum213
macrumors 6502a

Ordered December 22, now preparing for shipment!!!

Fully spec'd out 27" 1TB fusion 8GB RAM
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:24 PM   #1200
laryenhilllvr
macrumors regular

it seems to me as if base configs are moving the fastest, followed by 1tb configs (with upgraded specs)...unfortunately 3 tb seem to take a little longer than those. or maybe i'm reading it wrong.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by impromptukiss View Post
my cancel button went away yesterday when it went to processing.

I ordered from the apple govt site here - http://store.apple.com/us_epp_55499

my husband is navy.
i placed my order through there as well, i'm in the army. hopefully my cancel button will disappear soon as well, although i had a differnt configuration.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac