Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
It's 2013. What confirmed-for-development MacOSX games are you looking forward to?
(that is scheduled to release for MacOSX sometime in 2013)

Here is my personal anticipation list....

Eschalon Book III (RPG)

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Mac (OSX version is any day now?)

Europa Universalis IV (strategy, world conquest)

Star Command Mac (starship adventuring a la Star Trek)

Leisure Suit Larry (the new Kickstarter remake)

Real Racing 3 (yes, I said 3, version 3 is confirmed for iOS and Mac)

Sim City 2013 (hell yeah!)

Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm (just an expansion, or a standalone? unsure)

Planetside 2 (lead Developer is aiming for Mac port in 2013)

The Borderlands 2 Mac Multiplayer Super-update (promised for early 2013, will add the online MP for the MacOSX version, released in December, I'm told this is a free update for those who bought the game)

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Is that all of them?? :)

Is there a more complete list that we can salivate over?

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
HoTS for me, its probably the last game for OSX I will install but I do hope they put more effort into the dialouge and story. Currently WoL for me crashes every single time I finish a level but I can use windowed mode to avoid doom.

As far as I am aware its an expansion and requires WoL. I will be buying other games later in the year (namely Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3) but for Windows. I expect Infinite to be ported eventually.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Is that all of them?? :)

Is there a more complete list that we can salivate over?

I'm sure there are much more slated for 2013 release. But the above list was MY personal anticipation list, games that I look forward to buying and playing. These are games where a 2013 Mac release is confirmed, or at least promised directly by the developers, barring any delays of course.

Herre are two more:

Shadowrun Returns (MMORPG confirmed for Mac version)

Torchlight 2 (the Mac port is supposedly underway, this game is the closest thing to Diablo III)

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I see "Divinity: Original Sin" looks gorgeous. I hope the gameplay is as compelling. I'm not usually a turn based fan, though.

"Elder Scrolls Online" looks interesting.

I'm keeping an eye on "Ground Branch" to see how it grows. It's also a Kickstarter.

Also, "Project Infinity" by Obsidian is shaping up well.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Wasteland 2, a kickstarter by Brian Fargo that's supposed to be ready in October!

Torchlight 2 as well.

Glad they finished the OSX port of Legends of Grimrock, it's solid. I just wish they'd allow keyboard shortcuts for spells . . .

And, wishful thinking . . . Portal 3? Please?

It's 2013. What confirmed-for-development MacOSX games are you looking forward to?
(that is scheduled to release for MacOSX sometime in 2013)

The Borderlands 2 Mac Multiplayer Super-update (promised for early 2013, will add the online MP for the MacOSX version, released in December, I'm told this is a free update for those who bought the game)

Aside from cross-platform update-lag, online MP is already a feature (between Macs) on Steamplay. I wouldn't bother with the App Store version, it has less features for more $.

Kasalic

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2011
Wasteland 2, a kickstarter by Brian Fargo that's supposed to be ready in October!

Torchlight 2 as well.

Glad they finished the OSX port of Legends of Grimrock, it's solid. I just wish they'd allow keyboard shortcuts for spells . . .

And, wishful thinking . . . Portal 3? Please?

+1 for Grimrock, was struggling to play it through Wine without using a mouse, the mac version allows you to left click to attack.

Would be interested in Wasteland 2, remember playing the first game.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I'll add Omertà City of Gangsters to my wish list. Now confirmed for an "early 2013" Mac release by the devs.

The Xbox and Windows versions are scheduled to release in February 2013.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Shadowrun Returns (MMORPG confirmed for Mac version)

Hell yeah! I still remember rolling the dices like it was yesterday.:D

Other than that I'm really looking forward to Star Command! Seems like FTL upgrade, but that does't mean I'm gonna like FTL less!:eek:

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I remember Leisure Suit Larry from back in the 80`s when I had a Tandy PC.
If they keep it basically it will be a great game :)

Kind`a like the Sim`s , but with a more adult feel and content.

Sim City , is another one I remember , I had it for the old Nintendo 64.

Hah Geez , I guess I`m showing my age again ;)

Anyway , good list and something to look forward to on the gaming front. :D

Later :)

Gary 

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
SimCity, Gone Home, Amnesia: a machine for pigs, and a bunch of kickstarters--Wasteland 2, double fine adventure, shadowrun returns, banner saga, planetary annihilation, Broken Sword: the serpent's curse.

I don't have high hopes for Heart of the Swarm and I'm not that excited for it (plot/story of WoL was just terrible) but Ill probably get it anyway. Blizzard still knows how to make incredibly fun missions.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Hell yeah! I still remember rolling the dices like it was yesterday.:D

Other than that I'm really looking forward to Star Command! Seems like FTL upgrade, but that does't mean I'm gonna like FTL less!:eek:

Star Command is also high on my wish list. But I wonder, will the Mac/PC version be a superior playing experience compared to the iOS version (which is scheduled to release first)?

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Star Command is also high on my wish list. But I wonder, will the Mac/PC version be a superior playing experience compared to the iOS version (which is scheduled to release first)?

Yeah, definitely looks too classic to be better playable on iOS, but the dude seems to have no problem with playing the game on his device.:)

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I remember Leisure Suit Larry from back in the 80`s when I had a Tandy PC.
If they keep it basically it will be a great game :)

Kind`a like the Sim`s , but with a more adult feel and content.

Sim City , is another one I remember , I had it for the old Nintendo 64.

Hah Geez , I guess I`m showing my age again ;)

Anyway , good list and something to look forward to on the gaming front. :D

Later :)

Gary 

Not really, I remember playing Sim City on my Mac SE/30! Talk about showing your age. LOL

One thing I want to know is why, do Mac versions of the games have high requirements, Compared to the PC version?

Hugh

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Probably if they are poor Windows-to-Mac ports, then the game was not optimized for the Mac. Hence you see mediocre performance at best, even on high end Mac hardware. Ideally, the Mac games worth buying are the ones that were natively coded for the Mac. There's not a lot of these, tho.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Yup! PvZ 2 is confirmed for an iOS-first release. I'm sure it will eventually come to MacOSX, but I have not seen any confirmed dates for Mac yet. I look forward to PvZ 2 also.... but those point-and-click games I think I'd enjoy them better on my iPod/iPhone/iPad.

Same with Angry Birds games. Yes I realize they exist on MacOSX, but those simple point-and-click games make more sense playing on an iPod/iPad/iPhone.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
You youngsters and your dependence on pictures and graphics.

ZORK... now there was a game to stretch your mind :)

As lots of other games of that genre :)

Oh the hours I spent on my Spectrum & Amiga playing text adventures and the pencils worn out mapping.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Any ideas out there if CivV will be fixed for all the bugs now that we have the new iMac around with a graphics card which won't buckle and Mac Pro on its way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.