Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1
milocool
macrumors newbie

thumbnails

just out of curiosity, where are thumbnails from pictures and movie files saved? are those considered cookies or something? because when i clean my mac sometimes they have to load again..
milocool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:50 AM   #2
switon
macrumors 6502a

RE: thumbnails...

Hi milocool,

It depends upon the application, for instance, if you "look into" your iPhoto Library, you will find a subdirectory named Thumbnails and in this subdirectory are numerous other subdirectories that contain the thumbnails for the photos in your iPhoto Library. Same is true for video clips in iMovie Events and album artwork in iTunes Libraries.

Regards,
Switon

P.S. I would be somewhat cautious of using a mac cleaner that deletes iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes thumbnails (or alters the underlying databases) without asking you for permission.
switon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Tags
cookies, system, thumbnails