Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:00 AM   #1
RDAR
macrumors regular

Missing Drivers on Windows 8 Installation on Parallels

I've bought a copy of windows 8 and i tried installing on parallels. Once the installation starts up it says im missing a driver that either in the harddrive or usb stick? What does this mean and where do i get it, any help would be appreciated
RDAR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:29 AM   #2
tevion5
macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid apple have yet to release drivers for windows 8 in bootcamp. At the moment you will have I stick with windows 7 or wait until the drivers become available I'm afraid.

That said, it will probably still work mostly ok but with a few minor hardware incompatibilities. Magic Mouse, apple keyboard etc. this stuff should sill work, but not as reliably as with the proper apple drivers.
tevion5 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:08 PM   #3
Gator Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAR View Post
I've bought a copy of windows 8 and i tried installing on parallels. Once the installation starts up it says im missing a driver that either in the harddrive or usb stick? What does this mean and where do i get it, any help would be appreciated
I ran win 8 in bootcamp and found the trackpsd did not work and there was no support for my macbook's retina disolay. I eent bsck to windows 7 but will probably return to windows 8 when apple releases a complete win 8 driver package.
Gator Bob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:44 AM   #4
washo
macrumors newbie

I installed this yesterday and worked fine after a few teething issues.

What I did was copy the Win8 .iso to the Mac hdd. Put a Mac formatted usb pen in and run bootcamp assistant. Tick all 3 options and this will make the pen bootable, downloading windows drivers and create the image for you etc.

Install bootcamp then boot into ML and simply install Parallels. I am a Mac novice but it seems fine.
washo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac