Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
1. Sena Cases issued a prepaid return label for the case for this customer.It was acknowleged as received, prior to reading this post.

2. We are listening to all customer feedback regarding this product.

3. This is not a defective item, and product development is aware the magnets are visible. We will take the necessary steps to make sure our customers are aware of them as well.

4. We will update our website to reflect the presence of these magnets in photos.

5. We stand behind our service team, and dedication to our customers.

Thank you.

Sena Cases

You lost a lot of loyal customers with this product. Clearly it's quite shady that you and OrderBorder are sister companies, yet deny it, and blame each other. This was the last time I order from you. It's shameful that you created a MacRumors account to reply. The mods should ban you.

FYI - Several of their above claims are a lie. They did NOT issue a prepaid return label until I had the matter escalated to a manager, and brought a claim up with my credit card company. I have also opened a claim with the California Department of Consumer Affairs for investigation, because it's illegal to misrepresent the company issuing a "gift certificate" when it's really just a promo code to discount the product.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
OP - you're going a bit over the top, don't you think? It is not shameful that they came on here, it's good business: giving their side of the story and doing damage control. You seem to be making a very big deal out of a pretty minor thing. I agree they should have shown how the magnets are visible, but it's not like they scratch your ipad or something.

senacustmrsrvce

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Sena Cases has updated our pictures to more accurately show the sleep magnets this product uses. The photo galleries now show them more clearly as well in all colors.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/ipad-mini/ultraslim/

We will continue to listen and gather customer feedback regarding this product, and we will always look to make changes if needed in order to improve our cases for our customers.

Customer Support
Sena Cases

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
I actually like this sleeve quite a lot. And no, OP, there is no conspiracy theory here; I don't work for Sena. It fits the iPad Mini perfectly, and the magnets sleep/wake the device as described. It was pretty blatantly advertised from the moment pre-orders went up that there was a sleep/wake function. Obviously, this is achieved by magnets. Surely you are able to put 2 and 2 together and realize there would be magnets in the sleeve?

The magnets are actually pretty thin. Your description of them significantly over-dramatizes their presence. It's funny that you would rage up a storm over something that doesn't really change the sleeve much at all. I'd love to actually here of a situation where the magnets realistically "aided in damaging the device." :D

kikima

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Richmond, VA
1. Sena Cases issued a prepaid return label for the case for this customer.It was acknowleged as received, prior to reading this post.

2. We are listening to all customer feedback regarding this product.

3. This is not a defective item, and product development is aware the magnets are visible. We will take the necessary steps to make sure our customers are aware of them as well.

4. We will update our website to reflect the presence of these magnets in photos.

5. We stand behind our service team, and dedication to our customers.

Thank you.

Sena Cases

That's not a very satisfactory answer. I will keep my business with Portenzo.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
So I preordered the $60 Sena UltraSlim Case for the iPad Mini back on November 7th, and they finally shipped it December 27.

I received the case this week and was shocked and appalled at the product design. They decided to put 2 magnets, which i can only describe as a marble cut in half, and imbedded them into the leather.

When I opened it, my first reaction was surprise, thinking it was flaws in the leather, they're literally two significant lumps. I thought maybe the cow they got the leather from had moles and they got passed QC.

The design is absolutely unacceptable, as it breaks the plane of the surface, meaning if you were to put a book or something on top of the case, and it were to take an impact, the two hard objects embedded in the leather would act as an assistant to damaging the device.

I have never seen anything like this. It literally looks like there are marbles under there.

So naturally I called Sena. They said they've been getting calls on the case, but the larger magnets were to turn off the screen. I'm not sure why a sleeve needs magnets since the purpose of a case isn't open and close like a book cover case. Anyhow. So they are defensive and say they realize they're big and lumpy, but it is what it is. I explained that the case does NOT look like the smooth, flat surface they show on their website. I sent the guy a picture of the case and he said "yeah that's bad".

So I asked for a return\refund. They refuse to refund the shipping I paid them, and they refuse to cover the return shipping, even though it was a gross misrepresentation of the product on their website. So now it'll cost me half the product's value to return it... that's quite poor of their customer service.

So my advice to all of you... DO NOT BUY. In fact, this experience has caused me to now discontinue further buying things from Sena. Their product quality keeps going downhill, and it's taken their customer service with it. I have been loyal for years, but no longer.

I has the same experience with Sena - a faulty case where they refused to refund the postage. I too will never buy another Sena product. They are chancers who make tacky products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.