Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trouble747

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
Here is you first post try reading what you wrote and you call me when you call me slow.

"You don't think that there are thousands and thousands of used items for sale all over craigslist sites and on eBay for which the seller has no purchase receipt and for which no buyer will demand one? "

Then you changed it around not once but twice. Sorry you have no since or morals.

Again, I'm lost. Is it the "for which" that's confusing you? Sorry man, but there's no other way to read that sentence than what I intended. It plainly does not refer to all sales. It refers to some of them.

ajsimeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
As a victim of theft, I hope everyone who doesn't care about buying stolen goods gets their goods stolen from them.

I understand not knowing. I understand not wanting to know. I understand trying not to think too much about it. But coming into a public forum to brag about the price and admit you don't care if they are stolen... well, you can go eff yourself. :mad:

Maybe you will feel differently some day when you come home and it's all your stuff that's gone.

Let me rephrase when I said I do not care about getting stolen goods. This particular deal I'm not going to care to think anymore about if its stolen or not because of the way this deal went down. The only suspicious red flag was the price. If it truly is not stolen I'm going to gloat and be giddy by the fact I got a great deal. However, I do not know 100% sure if it is or not and I'm sorry if it was. People have to understand that $450 is a lot of money also. Was it too low for these iPads yes but $450 is a lot of money for someone that desperately needs it.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
So why post if you didn't want to hear the response? We all know they were LIKELY stolen, and this thread benefits.... nobody! In no way, shape or form does this thread provide any information.

Please, let it die and enjoy your iPads, stolen or otherwise.

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Again, I'm lost. Is it the "for which" that's confusing you? Sorry man, but there's no other way to read that sentence than what I intended. It plainly does not refer to all sales. It refers to some of them.

Ok let explain for you little mind. Take out the word and which is a way to separate two sentences. " on eBay for which the seller has no purchase receipt and for which no buyer will demand one? ". So it says to me that no buyer would demand a receipt.

You must be a lawyer for you can not admit you are wrong. Even when I pointed out that you change the quote no less than 3 times. So keep supporting the buying of stolen goods for all I care I will not discuss this with you unless you can bring something into this discussion that really has a bearing on this and not just trying to start arguments. Have a good day

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
And most of all he was a decent looking civilian. He did not look like a person with bad intent or some trashy thug.

If only you knew what some of the thieves look like. A lot of them don't look like "a person with bad intent or some trashy thug." I'm always amazed at the people shoplifting every day.

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Let me rephrase when I said I do not care about getting stolen goods. This particular deal I'm not going to care to think anymore about if its stolen or not because of the way this deal went down. The only suspicious red flag was the price. If it truly is not stolen I'm going to gloat and be giddy by the fact I got a great deal. However, I do not know 100% sure if it is or not and I'm sorry if it was. People have to understand that $450 is a lot of money also. Was it too low for these iPads yes but $450 is a lot of money for someone that desperately needs it.

I do really hope you did just get a good deal and if you did great for you. The only thing I had a problem with you saying that you didn't care if stolen or not and it was not your problem. From what you said I do see more than one red flag but I wasn't there and I don't know. And there is a chance that it was just somebody wanting a quick turn around. Good luck to you and hope all works out well and enjoy you iPad.

trouble747

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
Ok let explain for you little mind. Take out the word and which is a way to separate two sentences. " on eBay for which the seller has no purchase receipt and for which no buyer will demand one? ". So it says to me that no buyer would demand a receipt.

:eek:

That wouldn't make a "sentence," bud. "On eBay for which the seller has no purchase receipt and for which no buyer will demand one?" What the hell would that mean without the preceding phrase?

God help us if children today are being taught that every "and" they come across is intended to "separate two sentences."

and
conjunction
1. (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with; as well as; in addition to; besides; also; moreover: pens and pencils.
2. added to; plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
3. then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
4. also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
5. then again; repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.

Next time we'll cover the difference between "your" and "you're" and "sense" and "since."

Enjoy the last word from my ignore list. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.