Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
So, I'm thinking about trading my iPhone 4S for an iPhone 4. Reason being I miss being jail broken. I've been an iPhone user in the past (took a 6 month hiatus) and have always been jail broken. The only big difference between 4 and 4s is Siri right? I rarely play any games so speed isn't a big issue for me. Have any of you downgraded phones for a jail break? I traded my lumina 920 for the 4s, so I don't have any money into the 4s. Should I go for it? Or hold out for the jailbreak for iOS 6?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Wow..I don't want to sound like a d!€k, but that doesn't even make any sense to me whatsoever. What could you love so much about being JB that would outweigh using a phone that actually will perform well? It would (IMO) be a very stupid decision from top to bottom.

----------

That's like saying I want to trade in my 2012 vehicle and get a 1988 model because I like the hi-beam control on the floor rather then on the steering column.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Wow..I don't want to sound like a d!€k, but that doesn't even make any sense to me whatsoever. What could you love so much about being JB that would outweigh using a phone that actually will perform well? It would (IMO) be a very stupid decision from top to bottom.

----------

That's like saying I want to trade in my 2012 vehicle and get a 1988 model because I like the hi-beam control on the floor rather then on the steering column.

I guess I don't really noticed the speed difference between both devices because like I said, I don't use it for gaming. I use my iPhone mostly for social networks. The reason I love being jail broken so much is because i love to theme. Sure, I could do that on android, but I always end up coming back to the iPhone.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
You'll notice the speed difference everywhere. Even opening Facebook between my 4S and a friend's 4, it's at least 4-5 seconds faster. You can look up speed tests on YouTube, but no matter what you use it for, you'll notice.

corys00

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Also from a data speed standpoint the iPhone 4 tops out at 7.2mb/s on HSPA and the iPhone 4S tops out at 42 mb/s on HSPA+

Not to mentioned the camera downgrade.

I'd not trade.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
I'm really not to worried about it. I figured out the answer for myself. Plus, I have an upgrade in march and the jailbreak should be ready by then and I'll upgrade to the 5.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I'm really not to worried about it. I figured out the answer for myself. Plus, I have an upgrade in march and the jailbreak should be ready by then and I'll upgrade to the 5.

no guarantee on the jailbreak. it may or may not come. The 5 is such a great phone and it is def faster in all areas than the 4 and 4S.

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
United States
Also from a data speed standpoint the iPhone 4 tops out at 7.2mb/s on HSPA and the iPhone 4S tops out at 42 mb/s on HSPA+

Not to mentioned the camera downgrade.

I'd not trade.

Leave the iphone forums please. You absolutely don't know what you are talking about. I would like to see a speed test of a 4s getting a third of that 42mbps. Btw it goes up to 14.4 on the 4s 7.2 on the 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.