Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fracontie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Hello folks!

I want to sell my MacBook Pro 15" (mid2009) that has a "service battery" unsolved, hence a battery working time of just under 3 hours.

Everything else (including estethics - I have OCD... :) ) is as perfect as new!

Would you recommend me to change the battery myself (at Apple of course) and then sell it, or to leave that for the buyer and consider this in the price? :confused:

Also what would it be a fair price - keeping in mind that this machine is very very good. I mean, again esthetically it does not have a scratch and it is still very quick. Unfortunately this was the last model with intel Core Duo (not i7).. I am changing it towards the portability of the MBA.

Thanks!
Fra

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
I have the same model and would not do any upgrades prior to selling. The pristine condition will help you move it but won't necessarily allow a higher price. Check out eBay to get an idea what people are asking. You'll see a wide gamut but price it around $550 so you have some bargaining room. I would also try to sell it via Craigslist so you won't have to shell out for shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.