Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Google Mophie Helium. Looks like this may be te next juice pack for iphone 5. Plenty of trademark sites. Someone also has said there is a helium add in the latest Macworld magazine. No images anywhere though.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
This case so wouldn't be necessary if Apple did the right thing and made the battery replaceable without breaking into the phone.

Bad decision.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
We are getting closer...

Attachments

• MophieHelium.png-large.png
    MophieHelium.png-large.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 393

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
We are getting closer...

If this is true then I'm down as as long as the buttons are covered. That is my only true wish for this case. It looks like the iPhone 4s version from the Apple store.

Loved the Juice Pack Plus and used it almost exclusively for over a year on my iPhone 4 (I switched it out for a Survivor on rough "adventures"). Made the phone bearable due to the poopy battery life.

Battery on the iPhone 5 hasn't been a huge problem yet but after a year with my iPhone 4 the battery would only last for like 5 hours when using everything.

riseboi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Miami Beach
Someone posted on Mophie's facebook page some more details about the capacities and depth of the upcoming products. Don't know how true they were, but Mophie sure was quick to delete the posts from their page.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Do you guys think the mophie will be out by the end of February ? Also there are other battery cases that are slimmer and have smilier battery life : Third Rail Battery Cases and on iLounge they reported that they should be out by February.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Someone posted on Mophie's facebook page some more details about the capacities and depth of the upcoming products. Don't know how true they were, but Mophie sure was quick to delete the posts from their page.

You don't happen to remember any specifics? :)

----------

Do you guys think the mophie will be out by the end of February ? Also there are other battery cases that are slimmer and have smilier battery life : Third Rail Battery Cases and on iLounge they reported that they should be out by February.

I personally believe Mophie will release their iPhone 5 case next week, due to their promise to hand out one free battery pack per day until the release of the iPhone 5 case, and in the fine print it said it would be until January 14th, so my guess is Monday or Tuesday.

Also, they'll want to be first with a proper battery case, so people will have it if/when the thinner and more powerful ones arrive on the market.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
That most recent link said more than likely a spring release....dammit.

I believe that's bullcrap. Either they've told that guy to say "spring release" or he actually believes it. Either way, it's just not in the lines of the rest of the evidence. A teaser poster, leaked specifics, cases in the wild, a promise from the company to give out free battery packs until the release of their iPhone 5 products where the fine print states the last day of free battery packs is Jan 14th, competitors releasing battery cases in February...

No way, man! I say it'll be released Monday or Tuesday :)

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
I believe that's bullcrap. Either they've told that guy to say "spring release" or he actually believes it. Either way, it's just not in the lines of the rest of the evidence. A teaser poster, leaked specifics, cases in the wild, a promise from the company to give out free battery packs until the release of their iPhone 5 products where the fine print states the last day of free battery packs is Jan 14th, competitors releasing battery cases in February...

No way, man! I say it'll be released Monday or Tuesday :)

You would have to think that's the case.

TimonPumba

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Battery cases are already coming out. Im sure mophie will be out soon as well. I'd rather get a product i trust than risk getting a crappy knock-off

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
anyone still waiting...unreal they cant give us a rendering or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.