Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Connie9238

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
All of a sudden I have html in all of my e-mails and I don't know how to get rid of it. In View "display remote images in HTML messages" is not checked. Thanks for any help you can give me.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
All of a sudden I have html in all of my e-mails and I don't know how to get rid of it. In View "display remote images in HTML messages" is not checked. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Yes, you have the correct setting. Have you rebooted your Mac and then checked? Perhaps that's all it needs.

If however, that doesn't help then repair Permissions in Disk Utility.

Last edited:

Connie9238

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Yes, you have the correct setting. Have you rebooted your Mac and then checked? Perhaps that's all it needs.

If however, that doesn't help then repair Permissions in Disk Utility.

Setting is unchecked and I did repair permissions and I rebooted and I still have html in my e-mails. Thanks.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Setting is unchecked and I did repair permissions and I rebooted and I still have html in my e-mails. Thanks.

You've done everything right, so this is very odd. :confused: Which OS are you running?

Do you see HTML images AND still have the blue "Load Images" bar? Or no bar?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.