Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Title says it all, its for a 2011 Mac Mini coming from an 8 year old Dell monitor!

I've never actually bought a monitor, I've just known friends who were getting rid of their old ones and got them, but I fancy a new one for once, but don't know what to be looking for!
Any suggestions? Or ones to stay clear of?
Thanks guys!

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
I have this one and love it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+23...89&st=lg ips235v&cp=1&lp=1#tab=specifications

I wanted an IPS display (What most Apple displays are) and Best Buy had a great deal on an IPS display.
IPS displays can be more, but it is on sale right now. The only negative to me is the stand isn't that good, but the colors are great. Also if you buy local you can take it back if you don't like it, and BB has a very good return policy now.

Also keep in mind that a monitor is the eyes to your computer. If you get a bad one your computing experience can be bad, and if you get a good one it can be great. Look at Apple laptops and the iMac, one of the reasons they seem so good is they always have good displays.

Good luck on your choice.

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! It seems the US has a much cheaper price point on monitors, you lucky people! I've had a look at these and taken them in, now just to do some looking around for the cheapest price point of them!

Thanks!

RSL

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Get the Asus VK246H if you can find it. It has a built-in webcam which I've heard works with the mini (sorry no first-hand experience).

Edit: it's been replaced by the VK248H which is readily available

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.