Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
everybodys looking good, happy to see so many of you are getting them...Heres mine!

I dont normally keep my macbook pro out like that, i took that pic the day i got it and i was using it to transfer some of my files

It really blows that the Apple displays don't line up height-wise with the iMac - it would look so much cleaner if they did.

tomacwhite

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
England
I too am going to be using a dining table instead of a normal desk for my computer (MBP, then iMac 27" soon).

Ikea make it and it's real wood (unlike their usual compressed cardboard cheaper desks). Here is the link:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60119826/

Nice and deep so I can use my Wacom tablet on the table, have paper and artbooks etc and not have to worry about space.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
My 2012 setup. Desk is kind of mesy, but what can you do? I hate crappy the screen looks when taking a pic with the iPhone, the desktop is actually a pretty sweet pic haha

photodqz.jpg

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
It really blows that the Apple displays don't line up height-wise with the iMac - it would look so much cleaner if they did.

yea it really is annoying, i have two mounting arms that im gonna
use to vesa mount the left and right tb displays to bring them up to the level of the imac, just havent had time to do it...ill post some pics when i do

Last edited:

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
everybodys looking good, happy to see so many of you are getting them...Heres mine!

I dont normally keep my macbook pro out like that, i took that pic the day i got it and i was using it to transfer some of my files

Drool. :)

Nice setup. Yeah, I think it would look real nice with a dual arm setup on each side. Be sure to post a pick once you get your setup all done.

Papester

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012

Is there much of a display (Picture) differenct between the TBD and the iMAC?

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
Is there much of a display (Picture) differenct between the TBD and the iMAC?

dude i honestly couldnt tell if you put them side by side picturewise which was different...they both look exactly the same to me...only difference is if you look really close you can tell the imacs screens laminated to the display rather than the tb gap, and even that you cant even notice unless your staring at it, it is better as far as glare is concerned though for sure

lospallos

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2012
still hard to tell, is the bottom the stand wedged between something?

Just under the table there is glass level(?) through back part of the table. So that glass level is about 1,5cm inside table (total 3cm both sides) so it holds all the weight of imac.

Table is 4cm thick, then there is (about) 1,5cm empty space and then there is that glass level. So imac stand on top of that glass level.

Tomorrow I can take better pictures.

Last edited:

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Photo doesn't show it off :)

I finally got all the wiring from my old 2006 iMac cleared out of the room. Now I have a few external HDs sitting behind my desk on a little table, along with an old PPC Mac Mini that I'll use as a CD/DVD if I ever need one. My secondary monitor is a Dell U2410. Working with Lightroom in the evening rocks.

8362563091_181cf7e5a1_c.jpg

stuntf50ster

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
Here's my setup.
These lights are usually turned on only at night.

Attachments

• IMG_2120 copy.jpg
    IMG_2120 copy.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 467
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.