Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jctivo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I have the same problem as others with new movies being added from my tivo to itunes are going in the home movies folder.

So instead of fighting this, can I just move all of my old "movies" to "home movies"? How do I do this?

Then in theory, all of my movies will be in Home Movies.

Thank you in advance,
jctivo

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I have the same problem as others with new movies being added from my tivo to itunes are going in the home movies folder.

So instead of fighting this, can I just move all of my old "movies" to "home movies"? How do I do this?

Then in theory, all of my movies will be in Home Movies.

Thank you in advance,
jctivo
Movies are placed in the various categories based on a metadata tag. Some of the taggers have been updated with the "Home Videos" tag, some not. If you are on a Mac, I know that Subler has the ability to re-tag your movies to Home Videos, Movies, TV Series, etc.

On another note, I was considering cutting the cord and getting a Tivo as an OTA DVR. I did not know that it could record and then dump the files into iTunes, could you tell me what Tivo you have and how you do it?

jctivo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
tivo

I just decided to re-add all of the movies in the movies folder using automatically adding to itunes folder and then deleted all of the ones in the movies folder.

as for tivo..I have had one since 2002 (tivo series 2 and then 3) and have had various levels of success and failure with putting stuff on my computer etc. I have tried most of the solutions.

What am I doing now...
kmttg

I'm using that program.

The advantages are:
I can load my tivo library into the program from my desktop pc and then multi-select shows to download to my pc, then in the same program, I can convert to mpg (taking out drm tivo style) and then use handbreak and output to automatically add to itunes.

This is all set up before hand so the only step that is done on my part is selecting the shows and hitting go..then magically hours later the show is in my itunes home movies folder.

you can also do auto commerical delete but I haven't done that.

I did pay for videoredo which helps strip out tivo drm but I don't know if you must do that for this program to work.

I hope this helps. I would check out tivocommunity.com for more details on kmttg

Good luck.
jctivo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.