Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
got my new 27" iMac last thursday! it came wednesday but nobody was home to sign for it. opened it up friday when i got home and it is great! just checked and it does have a one year warranty! i will be buying the apple care again!:)

Winning! Well done for making out like a bandit! :D Enjoy your new iMac. I love mine.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
got my new 27" iMac last thursday! it came wednesday but nobody was home to sign for it. opened it up friday when i got home and it is great! just checked and it does have a one year warranty! i will be buying the apple care again!:)

RIGHT ON!! I would just keep it. If you truly need a MBP just sell it. Since you got a 1 year warranty on it did you know that Apple will refund you for the remainder of your Applecare warranty on your 2009 iMac? Trust me, they will (I've been through 3 upgraded replacements) but you had to at least discussed that with them. It may not be much since it expires in March but you may have $10-$20 coming to you. If you didn't discuss that with them call them and they will look it up.
If they don't talk to you about the warranty then they generally carry over the old warranty to the new Mac and you won't have an opportunity to extend the Applecare after March so make sure with them before you get started on your new iMac.

chpopel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
RIGHT ON!! I would just keep it. If you truly need a MBP just sell it. Since you got a 1 year warranty on it did you know that Apple will refund you for the remainder of your Applecare warranty on your 2009 iMac? Trust me, they will (I've been through 3 upgraded replacements) but you had to at least discussed that with them. It may not be much since it expires in March but you may have $10-$20 coming to you. If you didn't discuss that with them call them and they will look it up.
If they don't talk to you about the warranty then they generally carry over the old warranty to the new Mac and you won't have an opportunity to extend the Applecare after March so make sure with them before you get started on your new iMac.
thanks for the info,i plan on buying applecare and will discuss with them about the previous warranty.they did mention something about it while arranging a replacement, but i wanted to make sure i got a new computer before talking warranty. as for keeping it yea how could i turn down such a beauty.ill have to save for a mbp.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.