Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 9, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1
R-Flow
macrumors member

[iTunes Match] Matched vs Uploaded

I just got iTunes Match and have a simple question which hopefully has a simple answer too. Here it goes:

How can I see which songs are matched and which ones are uploaded from my Mac?

Thanks in advance!
R-Flow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 05:52 PM   #2
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

View --> View Options. There should be a box to check labeled "iCloud Status". I think that is the one you want.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:31 PM   #3
R-Flow
macrumors member

Thanks!
R-Flow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Fireproof!
macrumors 6502a

Actually, I've created a few Smart Playlists that show me the status:

1. iCloud status is duplicate
2. iCloud status is matched
3. iCloud status is uploaded
4. iCloud status is ineligible

I also have one that lists "matched" songs that are less than 256kpbs so I can see which ones would be worthy of deleting and re-downloading to get the higher quality versions.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:23 PM   #5
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof! View Post
Actually, I've created a few Smart Playlists that show me the status:

1. iCloud status is duplicate
2. iCloud status is matched
3. iCloud status is uploaded
4. iCloud status is ineligible

I also have one that lists "matched" songs that are less than 256kpbs so I can see which ones would be worthy of deleting and re-downloading to get the higher quality versions.
I have just signed up with iTunes match (on friday) so i have been going through all my songs, like you deleting and downloading the higher bit version where I can.

Also have been trying to get songs matched (instead of uploaded), I had a pretty good success rate (only 10% were not matched). Some of the ones are strange, one or two songs off of an album would be uploaded while all others are matched. These are albums in iTunes so i am not sure why some songs are uploaded and not matched.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:27 PM   #6
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
Some of the ones are strange, one or two songs off of an album would be uploaded while all others are matched. These are albums in iTunes so i am not sure why some songs are uploaded and not matched.
That's one of the reason's I canceled Match. Hopefully Apple will improve the matching algorithm at some point. In the mean time I switched to Google Play as it's free.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Fireproof!
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
I have just signed up with iTunes match (on friday) so i have been going through all my songs, like you deleting and downloading the higher bit version where I can.

Also have been trying to get songs matched (instead of uploaded), I had a pretty good success rate (only 10% were not matched). Some of the ones are strange, one or two songs off of an album would be uploaded while all others are matched. These are albums in iTunes so i am not sure why some songs are uploaded and not matched.
Do you have any tips for getting songs to match that didn't match the first time?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:03 PM   #8
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

I have been strugling with that and not really having any real luck. I have had some sucess creating an AAC version, and matching the length ( to the iTunes version). For a few it helped to delete from iTunes and re-rip the cd.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services