Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
So it looks like there are yellow splotches on my iPhone 5 screen. Notice on the top and bottom left. Should I take it to the genious bar or deal with it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 2,629

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
So it looks like there are yellow splotches on my iPhone 5 screen. Notice on the top and bottom left. Should I take it to the genious bar or deal with it?

That looks pretty bad. Looks like you got yours from the yellow stock batch. I would take it back but make sure you double check the replacement.

r3p00c

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
I had pretty bad yellow spots on my first one. I exchanged it and my new one is perfect. If you're still within your return period, do that vs exchanging at the Genius Bar.. You'll get a new phone vs a refurb / white box replacement. Either way, the spots are not normal and you shouldn't get any hassle swapping it.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I had pretty bad yellow spots on my first one. I exchanged it and my new one is perfect. If you're still within your return period, do that vs exchanging at the Genius Bar.. You'll get a new phone vs a refurb / white box replacement. Either way, the spots are not normal and you shouldn't get any hassle swapping it.

How do you exchange it other than the genious bar? Can I go to Verizon if I bought it at an apple store?

r3p00c

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
If you bought it at an Apple Store you have to go through the Genius Bar for a replacement.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Just to update, went to the apple store this morning and easily got a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.