Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drewski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Somewhere else
I guess I'll have to reschedule my One-to-One appointment.

First in line for iPhone 5s?

Please, caption this better than me. I've been working all weekend and I'm beat.

I've sat at that table many times for various workshops. At least the driver took out that video display. They always had problems with it during the workshops. Hopefully the new one works better.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
It's a wonder why so many stores still don't have those concrete pillar guards in front to prevent this sort of thing.

Arcsylver

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Chicago, IL
Elderly Man Drives into Apple Store

This just happened here in Chicagoland.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...tore-in-lincoln-park-20130113,0,5322777.story

By Carlos Sadovi and Naomi Nix
Tribune reporters
7:59 p.m. CST, January 13, 2013

An elderly person drove a Lincoln Town Car into the Lincoln Park Apple store this evening leaving one person with minor injures, officials said.

Fire Department paramedics were called to the store at 801 W. North Ave. at about 6:30 p.m. this evening, said Chicago Fire Department Spokesman Joseph Roccasalva.

Chicago police were on the scene and investigating the crash, said Chicago News Affairs Officer Joshua Purkiss. The driver was described as elderly, he said.

The dark-colored sedan drove through the glass walls and made it about four or five feet inside, where it seemed to turn and rested near display cases holding headphones and other accessories, according to witnesses.

There were shards of glass strewn on the ground from the impact, according to witnesses.

Initially people refused treatment in the incident but paramedics were later called back to the scene and took an injured person to Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital in good condition, said Roccasalva.

A store employee refused to comment and referred calls from the media to a media representative who did not immediately return calls.

Phillip Chang, 32, was dining at Burger Bar when his friend's six year old son motioned him over to the window to see a car driving into the window of the Apple store.

RELATED

Car crashes into Apple store
MAPS
801 West North Avenue, Chicago, IL 60642, USA
Ads by Google

"He told us to come see what happened," Chang said.

"I think it was driving too fast," said Jack Dutton, 6, as he sat in Chang's arms.

Chang said the store didn't seem to be crowded at the time of the crash. "The store seemed to be closed already," he said.

The store's website indicated that the store was open until 7 p.m. Sunday.

Chicagobreaking@tribune.com

Twitter: @ChicagoBreaking

Copyright © 2013 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
It's not his fault. He was driving a Lincoln and its called Lincoln Park. That's where you park your Lincoln.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
"Well how was I supposed to know there was a store there?! Back in my day walls were made of brick, not glass!"

OnceYouGoMac

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
In front of my Mac
Maybe he knew those tables were part of the One to One training area and he had a grudge against it and felt like driving into it. Sounds daft but that's just my opinion :p Oh well, at least the One to One members can go somewhere else or maybe even have lives for a change :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.