Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hey Guys.. I have a MBA with a ext disk drive hooked up with a DVD in the drive and I want to back up Itunes Library to DVD .. I go to FILE> DEVICES> and I see BACK UP and its GREY .. It wont let me click it to back up to DVD.. What am I missing? Im running 11.0.1 Itunes! Thanks for any help!!!

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Hey Guys.. I have a MBA with a ext disk drive hooked up with a DVD in the drive and I want to back up Itunes Library to DVD .. I go to FILE> DEVICES> and I see BACK UP and its GREY .. It wont let me click it to back up to DVD.. What am I missing? Im running 11.0.1 Itunes! Thanks for any help!!!

DEVICES -> BACKUP is to back up devices like iPods, iPhones, iPads, onto your computer.

Backup is most easily achieved by using Time Machine and backing up your entire Mac onto an external hard drive.

If your library fits onto a DVD: In the Finder, find the iTunes folder inside the "Music" folder. Then in the "File" menu choose "Burn iTunes to disk".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.