Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 4, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

Freeze and reboots with Words with Friends?

all of a sudden, after updating Words with Friends to 5.70 2 days ago, the app seems to be causing a freeze followed by the phone rebooting. only happens in this app...anyone else have this issue? it appears on their reviews in App Store reflect others with crashing problems too.
dictoresno is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 02:42 PM   #2
AppleCore77
macrumors member

Yep me too. Not all the time, but it makes the phone fade to black and reboot. Very annoying. I sent a message to them yesterday about it but haven't heard anything back.
AppleCore77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 03:15 AM   #3
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCore77 View Post
Yep me too. Not all the time, but it makes the phone fade to black and reboot. Very annoying. I sent a message to them yesterday about it but haven't heard anything back.
yea does the same for me. i checked their forums and apparently its a common thing now since the update. hopefully it will get fixed. and on a side note, last time i emailed them with a bug, they sent me 10 free tile counts. nothing crazy but free nonetheless. hopefully you hear back.
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:03 PM   #4
windowstomac
macrumors regular

I went back to playing WWF a few days ago after six months off and it seems really flaky and stuttery now.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:50 PM   #5
AppleCore77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
yea does the same for me. i checked their forums and apparently its a common thing now since the update. hopefully it will get fixed. and on a side note, last time i emailed them with a bug, they sent me 10 free tile counts. nothing crazy but free nonetheless. hopefully you hear back.
I did hear back but it wasn't anything that I already tried and/or what the help states. They pretty much copy and pasted the response from the help section...useless!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:53 PM   #6
jav6454
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
all of a sudden, after updating Words with Friends to 5.70 2 days ago, the app seems to be causing a freeze followed by the phone rebooting. only happens in this app...anyone else have this issue? it appears on their reviews in App Store reflect others with crashing problems too.
Have you tired delete and reinstall? I know "Where's my Water?" had a similar situation and that solved it.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:55 PM   #7
AppleCore77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
Have you tired delete and reinstall? I know "Where's my Water?" had a similar situation and that solved it.
I have twice and it still happens. Not all the time but it is still doing it.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:41 PM   #8
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
in the thread on their forum that i found, apparently deleting and reinstalling doesnt help. would make sense since the last bug i found wasnt fixed by that either.
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:03 AM   #9
Lizziewizzie
macrumors newbie

Words with Friends on iPad mini

I am having the same problem on my iPad mini since the update. I will touch the app to play, get to the Word WF screen, then it turns black and reboots the ipad mini. Very annoying, happens almost every time I play it now. I did uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't change anything. I also restarted the ipad myself, and still no change. For now the app is off the mini. For whatever reason, it is working fine on my iphone 4.......
Lizziewizzie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Fiskers99
macrumors newbie

I am so relieved to find this thread. I had the apple store replace my iPhone 5 last week over this issue and it happened on the replacement today. I did a restore and it has happened since. Thank you for all verifying I'm not nuts!
Fiskers99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Joniegreen
macrumors newbie

Thank y'all so much. I just got my iPhone and I thought something was wrong with it because it keep resetting when I played words with friends. Glad to know it is the app not the phone.
Joniegreen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:12 PM   #12
SueG
macrumors member

Also happening om ipad 3. Hasnt hapoened on iphone 4s
SueG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:14 PM   #13
mortfe
macrumors regular

I have been back and forth with Zynga ever since the update. Will not admit that they screwed up. Reset database, reload app. Nothing but BS. Only on iPad and only HD version. They need to update the app and don;t seem interested enough as long as they got their money. But that was always their attitude. Their customer service sucks.
mortfe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:18 AM   #14
Tilpots
macrumors 601

Happening to me too. Left a negative review in the App Store.
Tilpots is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:36 AM   #15
adam1976
macrumors newbie

Screen dissolves to black, then phone reboots

Only happening since the latest update of Words With Friends. Screen will freeze, then dissolve to black, and then the phone will reboot itself (rather quickly). Glad I found this thread instead of exchanging my iPhone like I'm sure 1000s of people have been doing. Costing Apple money. They should take notice. You should contact both Apple and Zynga to complain about the bug. Twitter (for Zynga) and customer service are a good place to start. Bug is more annoying than harmful (I hope!).
adam1976 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:52 AM   #16
studio╣│╣
macrumors 6502

This is happening to my iPhone 5 now. Left them a 1 star review if that means anything.
studio╣│╣ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:04 AM   #17
lsh1991
macrumors newbie

This has been happening to me too and is very frustrating. Hopefully we will see a fix soon.
lsh1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:20 AM   #18
adam1976
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1976 View Post
Only happening since the latest update of Words With Friends. Screen will freeze, then dissolve to black, and then the phone will reboot itself (rather quickly). Glad I found this thread instead of exchanging my iPhone like I'm sure 1000s of people have been doing. Costing Apple money. They should take notice. You should contact both Apple and Zynga to complain about the bug. Twitter (for Zynga) and customer service are a good place to start. Bug is more annoying than harmful (I hope!).
I wrote to Marc Pincus (founder and CEO) on Twitter and he responded immediately. I'm sure Zynga will address the bug shortly and send out an update. No problems with customer service so far, great company. They are "checking" into it.
adam1976 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:43 AM   #19
sccaldwell
macrumors member

Me, too...iPhone 4S, latest iOS and WWD versions. Doesn't happen every time I launch it, maybe 1 in 10. Enough to be annoying.
sccaldwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:36 AM   #20
mortfe
macrumors regular

Just released an update. So far, so good. Played for about an hour without crashing on the iPad. No freezes either. Hope they finally got it right.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:18 PM   #21
Hoagsmokler
macrumors newbie

A WWF update for the iPad? One hasn't been released for the iPhone app yet. Grr.
Hoagsmokler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:34 PM   #22
adam1976
macrumors newbie

iPhone Update??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagsmokler View Post
A WWF update for the iPad? One hasn't been released for the iPhone app yet. Grr.
iPad was updated - version 5.8 I believe. No update for iPhone yet. Although servers were down on Jan 15th - maybe they were trying to work it out then. My iPhone 5 seems to be working fine now when I play, my wife's still crashing. She has deleted and reinstalled the app a few times already.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:03 AM   #23
mortfe
macrumors regular

I never had a problem with the iPhone. iPad working great again. Finally.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:32 PM   #24
silsprbea
macrumors newbie

Same reboot problem with new iphone

I just got a new Iphone 5 and it is happening. the app was crasing a lot on my ipad and iphone 4, but never would it reboot. Its comforting to know that I probably didn't get a bad iphone!
silsprbea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:42 PM   #25
AppleCore77
macrumors member

It's still happening to me but not as often. From what I've noticed, it seems to happen only against the friends I play with who only use a PC/web browser to play. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but that's who it crashes on me with.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps