Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary86

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have a 2012 Mac Mini that I've only had for 3 weeks. I've installed Crucial 16GB RAM and everything has been perfect. Starting about 1 day ago I noticed it doing this weird restart from waking from sleep. Usually at night I either put the computer to sleep via the Apple menu or I just put the displays to sleep by dragging my mouse into the bottom right corner (hot corners). When I wake up, I come downstairs and press the mouse/keyboard to wake it up and it wakes right up.

As of last night when I do the same thing it shows the white screen with the Apple logo like it does when you restart or shutdown. It takes a 2-3 mins to start up and acts like it would after restarting (status bar populates, apps open,). Chrome open with a message saying it was shutdown properly and asks if I want to restore my tabs.

I took a look at the logs but to be honest I have not a clue what I'm looking at. Only thing that stood out was a line reading "Goodnight Gracie....."

I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 176

padapada

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Got the same screen with progress bar. In my case it was a bad Apple SSD.

Patrick

Gary86

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
It was the Crucial RAM. Installed the factory 4GB and everything is fine. Crucial is sending me a new 16GB setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.