Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:00 PM   #1
AFPoster
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Patent Design Software

I have to create a mock-up of my idea for a patent attorney. Does anyone know what type of software is used by Apple to make these mockups? Attached image to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp iPad.bmp (188.8 KB, 105 views)
__________________
2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz i7
iPad 2 32gb (white)
iPhone 6+ 64gb (white)
iPhone 5s 16gb
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:50 PM   #2
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a
 
CrickettGrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: B'more or Less
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPoster View Post
I have to create a mock-up of my idea for a patent attorney. Does anyone know what type of software is used by Apple to make these mockups? Attached image to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Probably a CAD program. You could use a vector graphics app, for example, iDraw is available in the MAS (the devs also have an iOS App). Note: if your drawing is Apple related, iDraw includes shapes libraries & templates for iOS devices, etc., very easy drag & drop. It also has a labeling tool, not something I've used, yet, but it's there.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idraw/id404705039?mt=12



----
You posted an interesting question so I found this Wired article with a slideshow, some are hilarious:
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/...ings/?pid=3643

Last edited by CrickettGrrrl; Jan 14, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:10 AM   #3
AFPoster
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrickettGrrrl View Post
Probably a CAD program. You could use a vector graphics app, for example, iDraw is available in the MAS (the devs also have an iOS App). Note: if your drawing is Apple related, iDraw includes shapes libraries & templates for iOS devices, etc., very easy drag & drop. It also has a labeling tool, not something I've used, yet, but it's there.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idraw/id404705039?mt=12
Thanks, checking this out now! Also, not Apple related but I need to be able to layout my idea in the same format.
__________________
2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz i7
iPad 2 32gb (white)
iPhone 6+ 64gb (white)
iPhone 5s 16gb
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:52 PM   #4
VeitAnthonius
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Try a vector drawing software.
VeitAnthonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:41 AM   #5
R1PPER
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Adobe illustrator is the industry standard. you can download a 30 day demo.
R1PPER is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:36 AM   #6
AFPoster
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1PPER View Post
Adobe illustrator is the industry standard. you can download a 30 day demo.
Perfect, thank you!
__________________
2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz i7
iPad 2 32gb (white)
iPhone 6+ 64gb (white)
iPhone 5s 16gb
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jony Ive Pushing for 'Flat Design' in iOS 7 Amid Greater Hardware-Software Design Collaboration MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 391 Jul 31, 2014 07:27 AM
Apple accused of patent infringement in A7 design PollyK Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 4 Feb 5, 2014 04:53 PM
Samsung's 'Crisis of Design' Memo Enters Patent Trial as Early Apple Designer Testifies on Confusion MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 406 Oct 11, 2012 11:51 AM
Apple Requests Sanctions Against Samsung Delivering Default Victory in Design Patent Case MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 512 Aug 20, 2012 02:11 PM
Apple Seeking $2.5 Billion from Samsung in U.S. Patent and Design Infringement Trial MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 332 Aug 1, 2012 11:08 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC