Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
so i called apple to see if there were any updates on my order and why orders placed after mine were shipping before, more specifically those with closer specs to mine. first off the sales representative, samantha, i spoke to pretty much called me a liar and then told me i could expect it to ship in february (never mind i placed my order at the end of december and my order clearly states "january" as the dispatch time). i informed her that this was a very different time frame given me than the sales representative i spoke to gave me (she told me i could expect this week, but next week as the absolute latest). the rep then went on to say that she is just now seeing orders placed in early december ship, which obviously i know is only partially true because this thread sings a different song. at any rate i ask to speak to a supervisor because i wanted a direct answer that made sense. i just could not believe that my order says "january", but it wont get to the shipping address until two weeks into february when orders from the same week i placed my order are shipping right now.

i speak to a supervisor, tina. who assures me that my order is being handled in the order it was recieved along with all other apple orders. clearly this is not the case as this thread has indicated. i asked her to give a look at this thread several times during the conversation, but she kepts saying that she could not address third party websites and the claims they were making, it was as if she was reading from a script. then she mentioned that orders are processeed in a que based on their configurations. say, for example, i placed an order for a stock model and someone else places one for a fully spec model. we would be in different ques. so basically that contradicted the whole "orders processed in the order they were recieved" line i got. either way she promised to personally check the progress of my order and update me when/if anything changes and gave me her email. i thought that was extremely nice of her and thanked her.

i just sent her an email detailing my predicament (coming to afghanistan with a mbp that crashed, buying one two weeks later, and that being faulty equipment out the box and finally crashing within a month) and stressed that while the purchase of the imac was a luxury in which i was indulging, that i needed a computer and if i continued to see orders processed that were placed after mine i would be forced to cancel my order and give up on apple.

seriously guys this has been a logistical travesty and i would hate to turn my back on apple because of it, but i'm giving them 48 hours to see movement of some sort before i cancel my order.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Just landed at my local FedEx, not sure if it will make it to delivery for today or not, but it is only 15 miles away at this point!! :D

8:47 am
At local FedEx facility
KINGSFORD, MI

12:15 am
At destination sort facility
MILWAUKEE, WI

Arrived at my house this morning! Hope you get yours today also

LornaP

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Arrived at my house this morning! Hope you get yours today also

So happy that you have yours and I hope all is going well with setting it up.

Mine got a few hours to warm up and is currently 'Transferring Information" from my time machine back up. I have a bout 10 mins remaining and should be able to use it soon!! I must say, the 27" screen is very intimidating coming from a 13" MBP. I am not complaining at all, just in awe :)

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Shipped!!!

All I need to figure out now is the flightaware info to track it in flight. :)
What geeks we are but isn't it fun to do?!? Here's my updated info...Can someone help me with that...just plug in shanghai to anchorage?

Ordered 12/23
Prepared 1/13
Shipped 1/14

6:54 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
6:53 pm
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
5:28 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Slick1phone

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Same here let us know

Jan 14, 2013 5:29 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Jan 14, 2013 6:54 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
Jan 14, 2013 6:53 PM
Picked up
Details
Package received after FedEx cutoff

Dan415

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2012
San Francisco, CA
My iMac just changed to "preparing for shipment!"

Ordered 12/26

3.4 i7
8GB RAM
3GB Fusion
680MX
Magic Mouse + Trackpad
AppleCare

:eek:
And 12 hours later, I just received a text from Apple that my iMac shipped!! Expected delivery Thursday, 1/17!

Ordered: 12/26
Preparing for shipping: 1/13
Shipped: 1/14

FSUstage

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
I am very angry at this. I wont be home wensday or friday, leaving me to get it monday, or if I miss that, it will ship back. First iMac purchase and if this is the pace, last one.

Won't you be able to pick it up from warehouse?

Toddnnc

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
ordered 12-20 in NC, USA and it just turned prep for shipping and cc is charged YEAAAAAAA, ordered on apple.com

•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•3TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
•Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
•COUNTRY KIT

ok experts when do u think Ill actually get it?

On Schedule
InitiatedPicked upIn transitDelivered

In transit Shipment Dates
Ship date Jan 14, 2013
Estimated delivery Jan 17, 2013 by 10:30 AM
Destination
Gastonia, NC
Shipment Options Help
Hold at FedEx Location

No entries found Date/TimeActivityLocationDetailsJan 14, 2013 5:28 AMShipment information sent to FedExJan 14, 2013 6:54 PMLeft FedEx origin facilitySHANGHAI CNJan 14, 2013 6:53 PMPicked upSHANGHAI CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff

Panomania56

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Ok... just received the 'shipped' text from Apple... I have tracking info on the Apple pages - when and how do I get the more detailed tracking info everyone refers to? Does that come separately from FedEx or the equivalent?

It's taken about 36 hrs to go from 'Preparing' to 'Shipping'. The predicted delivery date is 22 Jan (yuk) to the UK - that's a very conservative 8 days... hopefully it'll be faster, based on postings here.

If you are frustrated and thinking your order will never happen, I'm still claiming one of the longest waits - orders 30 Nov... payment cleared 12 Dec... ETA 22 Jan... very slow...

FSUstage

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
We regret any inconvenience but Hold at FedEx Location service is not available for this shipment because the length and girth exceed the allocations allowed for this service.

Oh man I didn't know that that really blows. Good luck to you. Guess I better hang out because otherwise I may be in same boat.

----------

Mine shipped! Arriving Jan 17. My iMac's birthday is the day after mine! Woo.

If you lucky you just may get it on your birthday

FLRICK

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Spreadsheet

I am getting ready to place my information in the spreadsheet but I am not sure what order date I should use.

I placed the order on Dec 30th but it was through the Apple Business Site and I had to fax over my business information to have the sales tax waived and they processed the paperwork on Jan 2nd.

My order still reflects an order date of Dec 30th when I go to order status, and on Dec 30th I checked my credit card and there was a temporary authorization from Apple zero dollars.

Also I had ordered a super drive and that shipped the same day as the paperwork was processed Jan 2nd.

Thanks!

jstnlzr

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2012
Space Coast
Oh man I didn't know that that really blows. Good luck to you. Guess I better hang out because otherwise I may be in same boat.

----------

If you lucky you just may get it on your birthday

Luckily monday is MLK J Day, so no school, so thats a last resort... but still... pfffffff apple. fuuuuuu

chinapatterns

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Ordered 15th December, went straight to shipped on the 12th January, expected 18th January. Tracking detail provided today already in Tamworth and UPS should be delivering tomorrow! One month to the day. - Card still not charged though???? Odd!

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
COUNTRY KIT-B

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
iMac delivered this morning. Nice to see a busy shipping day for others today.

Ordered 12/20
Shipped 1/11
Received 1/14 MD, USA via FedEx

3.2 GHz i5 1TB Fusion 675MX 8GB RAM

FedEx truck must have been warm as the iMac barely needed any warming time on the table to reach room temperature.

Gave it a thorough check and feel very blessed to have what appears to have no flaws inside or out. No image retention, no backlight bleed to worry about (though there's a slight glow at the edges which I expected), no yellowing across the screen, no dead or stuck pixels, no scratches on the glass or aluminum and the fan is nice and quiet. It's not silent, but it's very quiet. Also verified I have the Seagate HDD not the WD Blue that is not as fast, so I won that lottery as well.

I added 8GB of Crucial RAM via a single memory module which works great as well.

Best of luck to all still waiting here, wishing you speedy shipment and receipt of flawless iMacs.

TomH1983

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Ordered 15th December, went straight to shipped on the 12th January, expected 18th January. Tracking detail provided today already in Tamworth and UPS should be delivering tomorrow! One month to the day. - Card still not charged though???? Odd!

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
COUNTRY KIT-B

Same config, same country, same order date. I think you've beaten me by a few days there. Mine landed at Heathrow at 4pm.

cgill421

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
I'm new here, although I've stalked the forums for info in the past. I started following this thread once the iMacs started shipping in anticipation of ordering mine. I ordered my base model 27" with the 1TB Fusion drive as the only upgrade on Saturday morning (Jan 12).

Is it normal for the full charge to show up on my account immediately? Some people were saying there was a hold for zero dollars, none mentioned the full amount if I'm not mistaken. It hasn't cleared yet, since I ordered on the weekend but I was just wondering if was the case for anyone else?

lilface

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm new here, although I've stalked the forums for info in the past. I started following this thread once the iMacs started shipping in anticipation of ordering mine. I ordered my base model 27" with the 1TB Fusion drive as the only upgrade on Saturday morning (Jan 12).

Is it normal for the full charge to show up on my account immediately? Some people were saying there was a hold for zero dollars, none mentioned the full amount if I'm not mistaken. It hasn't cleared yet, since I ordered on the weekend but I was just wondering if was the case for anyone else?

When I ordered mine back in Dec. they put a hold on my account of the exact amount the computer is right as I placed the order. After a few days since the order wass still processing the money was still there and no more hold. I'm assuming it'll be charged for the full amount once its done processing and finally shipped.

It's a shame I have to stare at the money in there tho lol.

jstnlzr

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2012
Space Coast
When I ordered mine back in Dec. they put a hold on my account of the exact amount the computer is right as I placed the order. After a few days since the order wass still processing the money was still there and no more hold. I'm assuming it'll be charged for the full amount once its done processing and finally shipped.

It's a shame I have to stare at the money in there tho lol.

Same here, it showed a hold... the hold went away, then I was charged for it.

smonaco

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
Hamilton, NJ
Shipped!!!

Ordered 12/26

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

It is supposed to arrive this thursday! I'm super pumped - hope there aren't any defects with the screen! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.