Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Photoshop and student discount

I would like to purchase Photoshop, using the greatly reduced price offered to students (my daughter is a freshman in college). This will be use by her when she is home and then also by my wife.

I am a little unsure about all of the different versions offered on the Adobe website.

It looks like this is what i need "Photoshop CS6 Extended Student and Teacher Edition"
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:16 PM   #2
AppleCore77
macrumors member

That would be the correct one. It has a few more options than that of CS6, hence the "Extended" version.
AppleCore77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:39 PM   #4
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
I would like to purchase Photoshop, using the greatly reduced price offered to students (my daughter is a freshman in college). This will be use by her when she is home and then also by my wife.
Technically, only your daughter is eligible to use software, as the license is non-transferable. And while what you and wife do with the software is up to you - I am not* trying to preach about the legalities and illegalities - please be aware that you are modelling a behaviour for your daughter to learn from.

If your daughter is using Photoshop to create stuff, and if you don't want people to use your daughter's intellectual property without paying for it... then at least have the discussion with her as to why this is the exception.

Last edited by snberk103; Jan 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: * added missing 'not'...
snberk103 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:00 AM   #5
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by snberk103 View Post
Technically, only your daughter is eligible to use software, as the license is non-transferable. And while what you and wife do with the software is up to you - I am trying to preach about the legalities and illegalities - please be aware that you are modelling a behaviour for your daughter to learn from.

If your daughter is using Photoshop to create stuff, and if you don't want people to use your daughter's intellectual property without paying for it... then at least have the discussion with her as to why this is the exception.
Good point, maybe we will just put it on her laptop .

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store