Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:07 AM   #1
New2012MacForMe
macrumors member

Just About ready To Chuck FCPX

Ok, I think I've officially had it with this program. One problem after another. $3K for a new computer and another $300 for FCPX and I still wish I was editing on my 6 year old HP with Pinnacle Ultimate Studio.....

Latest problem is that FCPX freezes and computer needs a hard re-boot everytime I try to use titles in the application. Anyone know how to solve this? It happens either with optimized or proxy files. There is no background tasks going on. I simply move the title over to the timeline, double-click on it and it freezes. Next time I opened FCPX, I had a few seconds before it froze again. On the third try, I got smart and used those few seconds to delete the title - this time no freezing.

This issue makes this program unuasable to me and I might have to ditch it soon for something else if I can't find a solution.

Running on a late 2012 model iMac, i7, 16gb, 1tb fusion, 2gb video - editing on the fusion drive within the admin account.

Thanks
New2012MacForMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video