Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:01 PM   #1
Apple Fan 21
macrumors regular

HD audio

When will Apple TV and iTunes support DTS HD MA or DD True HD? This is one of the main reasons I still get Blu Ray disc.
Apple Fan 21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Pyromonkey83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Fan 21 View Post
When will Apple TV and iTunes support DTS HD MA or DD True HD? This is one of the main reasons I still get Blu Ray disc.
Your guess is as good as all of ours. Nothing has been announced for this. I would hope that it would provide support once they release the actual Television set, but who knows. It is also possible that they will never support it.
Pyromonkey83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:43 AM   #3
mic j
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Fan 21 View Post
I would be surprised to every see HD audio supported. It costs them money to incorporate DTS-HD and both HD formats produce a large increase in file size. Also, most people (and read that most, not all) can't tell the difference between HD and normal audio. That can be do to personal audio sensitivity or not having an AVR that can even produce good HD audio.

Just too much stacked against it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater