Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:31 PM   #1
macrumors newbie
Join Date: Jan 2013
Is it worth the wait?

Is it worth the wait? The question behind every consumers mind.

Here's my situation, I'm in the UK and I'm on the '3' network. My 2 year contract in which I'm entitled to unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited 3 to 3 minutes and 5000 minutes all for 35 ($56) p/m and the iPhone 4 handset was free. The main contract is due for renewal in June, however you can upgrade your handset a few months early, Jan 29th more specifically for me. Now I've owned the Nex 7 and toddled around with android a bit and decided it really wasnt for me, I use iTunes match and have pretty much bought into Apples ecosystem (apart from that expensive monopoly app on android, dang!).

Now from the 29th of Jan I am able to get a new handset, they are asking for 60 ($96) upfront for the iPhone 5 (16gb black) to stay on my current contract and pricing which I'm sure I'll be able to play the 'loyalty card' and get for free.

Something else to consider whichever point I choose to upgrade, be it the 29th, that is the new point at which my contract will begin, so think of it as a 1.85 year contract. Now my sister and father have both routinely upgraded to the 5.

The 4 is good for me 'now', it's getting a little slow and a little samey, but the battery on that thing is great. Considering Apple's new "Let's cut our refresh times" situation, is it likely that we will see a late/early summer iPhone with a big enough difference to the 5. Those who upgraded from the 4 or 4s, did it feel like a big enough update for you?

I know at the end of the day it is only us individuals who can make decisions however I just wanted to see what you guys would all do, stick with the 4 in the hopes of a new phone mid this year?

My guess is there will be a slightly higher price point to pay to renew on a contract with a new phone, probably like 80-90 ish. ($128-$144).

(Despite the username, I am still money conscious :P)
WealthyBigPenis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2
macrumors 68030
Spink10's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
I enjoying having the newest iPhone - so I personally would wait.
Spink10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:55 PM   #3
macrumors 68020
KentuckyHouse's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lexington, KY.
Send a message via ICQ to KentuckyHouse
I'm with Spink...wait.
KentuckyHouse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Ste Nova
macrumors 6502
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LL22, UK
i'm in the same situation, but i'm gonna buy a ip5 outright
iP5/32 black unlimited tethered data, ip4/32 black, iPad3/32gbwifi black, 2 x iP3gs/32 black, nikon d7000 with eyefi , honda s2000, audi a6 le mans, defender 90
Ste Nova is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:25 AM   #5
macrumors 68040
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
I'd say wait but if the phone feels really sluggish you might have to if it gets worse.
Space Grey 64gb 6plus AT&T, 13.3" MacBook Air 1.86GHZ 4GB Ram 128GB SSD
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is a 2014 rMBP worth the wait? gnrredphoenix MacBook Pro 14 May 12, 2014 10:22 AM
iPad: iPad Air, it DEFINITELY was worth the wait. jmenning1 iPad 30 Nov 9, 2013 06:49 AM
Haswell iMac could be worth the wait? sammy2066 iMac 25 Dec 26, 2012 11:14 AM
Worth the wait? Popis1991 Mac mini 7 Jun 28, 2012 04:26 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2015, MacRumors.com, LLC