Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1
buttersstotch
macrumors newbie

Problems booting my Intel Xserve.

Hey All,

I just bought an used Apple Xserve (Model: MA409LL/A). When ever i go to turn it on and attempt to get it to boot, i get the blinking folder with a question mark. Ok not a problem. Tried booting with Option held to get me into the bootable devices. Now I am getting a mouse cursor on a grey screen. I then changed the hard drives and tried again. Same thing. So i decided to hook an external DVD ROM to the server and try to boot it off of there. No luck either.

Any help trick or tips would be appreciated. I really do not what to have to pay for shipping back on this if it is something i can fix myself. Thank you!
buttersstotch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking