Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1
beyondthesmile
macrumors 6502a

16GB iPad Mini

Hi all,

I know the general rule of thumb for most is that "bigger is better" when it comes to storage capacity. I tend to agree, especially with computer HDDs and RAM.

I am interested in getting an iPad Mini and am wondering if the 16GB is sufficient, however, given the fact that I don't intend to have many, if any, movies or TV shows on it (I may have the occasional video take on the iPad?). I doubt I will also put much music on it, because I tend to use my iPhone as my mp3 player.

My iPhone is a 32GB and still has 19.1 GB free with music, apps and photos on it. While I'll likely have the same number of apps on the iPad mini as I do on my phone, I doubt I will have even half the number of photos on the mini as I do on my phone, and won't have any music on it. I DO intend to use it as an ereader with some of the many ereader apps.

Given this, would you go with the 16GB, or is it still best to go with a higher capacity?

Thank you!
beyondthesmile is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad