Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Hi guys. I'm having the weirdest glitch/bug on iOS 6 (iPhone 5). Almost every time I activate assistive touch the screen will not dim and go to sleep by itself after a minute. I have checked and I have one minute sleep time and it works great when the assistive touch is not activated on the accessibility menu. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Haven't experienced that before. But I do know that with assistive touch enabled, sometimes the screen does take a longer time to dim. For example, if a notification comes in on your lockscreen, with assistive touch enabled, the screen will take slightly longer to dim than if it was not enabled.

I think reason for Apple implementing this is because people who use assistive touch may be users who have difficulty using the phone, and their home/lock button may be faulty. Hence, with assistive touch enabled, the screen tend to stay on longer to provide more time for the owner to react so that he/she will not need to fumble with the faulty buttons to turn on the screen. I highly doubt that this is a bug, but in fact a function to make the iPhone more user-friendly even if the buttons stop working as usual.

Cheers ^^

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I had though of that but when I used the feature on my iPhone 4 running 5.0 it worked great.

midnight555

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
I have the same issue. If the last thing that you do is swipe to another page or press the real home button, it will go to sleep. It will not go to sleep if the last thing you do is press the virtual home button.

sevendust

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
I have the same issue. If the last thing that you do is swipe to another page or press the real home button, it will go to sleep. It will not go to sleep if the last thing you do is press the virtual home button.

I also have it in my iphone.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Tested and confirmed with iPod touch 4g iOS 6.0

It worked fine for me when my home button broke in August (Thank god for Applecare)

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Bug Still exists on ios 6.0.1

Hi guys. I'm having the weirdest glitch/bug on iOS 6 (iPhone 5). Almost every time I activate assistive touch the screen will not dim and go to sleep by itself after a minute. I have checked and I have one minute sleep time and it works great when the assistive touch is not activated on the accessibility menu. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks.

I have the issue with my 4s on both ios 6.0. Upgrading to ios 6.0.1 did not fix the issue.

It's annoying since I have to remember that the last thing I touch is NOT the assistive touch before putting away the phone. Otherwise, the phone stays on forever and drains the battery!

arikanami

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
i have also the same problem, after hard reboot and reset setting it works fine...but after using it for a while, problem occours...can anyone find a solution to this, thanks

nefariousaussie

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Australia

I was wondering if there was a work around or setting (that I've missed) for this.

Also, is there anyway to stop the virtual home button moving around the screen.

apprunner

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I was wondering if there was a work around or setting (that I've missed) for this.

Also, is there anyway to stop the virtual home button moving around the screen.

the sleep bug was fixed in 6.1

Also, you cannot lock the virtual home button in one place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.