Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Micky Do
macrumors 6502a

Are iWork users spoilt?

As a teacher at a university I sometimes set an assignment where layout and presentation are important. I get work from students who seem to have little or no knowledge of using word processing software. They don't seem to know how to up a page, set a tab, change line spacing, change font or font size and so on..... just basic stuff, I thought. I claim to be no expert; just the basics are all I need.

In the past I used Microsoft Office.... Word and Excel.... Since getting iWork with my 2009 Mac Mini I have seldom used the Microsoft apps. When I do have to use a PC, it now seems difficult to find my way around, and getting things to work.

I am meeting some students today, to help them format their work on a PC.... and am dreading it.

What is the experience of others?
Micky Do is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store