Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
If so, what method do you use? Do you just use photo stream and organize that way? Or do you just have your photos on your phone and leave them there or what?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
This is my process:
- connect iPhone to MBA with USB cable
- import Camera Roll into iPhoto
- touch up photos
- organize photos into Events and Albums
- sync Albums back to iPad and iPhone to show off

cpc12

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2011
I back up all photos to my mac hard drive.

I also back up my photos to iCloud and iTunes.

To back up to my hard drive I plug in my phone and open image capture and import this way.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I back up to Aperture. I use a mixture of Photo Stream and importing when connected. From Photo Stream I remove them from the default folder into premade folders as I see fit and then delete the Photo Stream folder at the end of the month. Basically the same with import when connected. I usually only do this because I have video that can't be transferred with Photo Stream.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I back up to Aperture. I use a mixture of Photo Stream and importing when connected. From Photo Stream I remove them from the default folder into premade folders as I see fit and then delete the Photo Stream folder at the end of the month. Basically the same with import when connected. I usually only do this because I have video that can't be transferred with Photo Stream.

Does photostream not do videos?

Mellisaray

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
I will store in my computer

Sure, i will backup my iPhone photos on my laptop in case for missing of my iPhone or some unknown error of the system.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
This is my process:
- connect iPhone to MBA with USB cable
- import Camera Roll into iPhoto
- touch up photos
- organize photos into Events and Albums
- sync Albums back to iPad and iPhone to show off

What about random pictures that belong to neither an album nor an event?

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011

Every picture will always have an Event associated or an Album name you can give :)

For such pics, I have named mine as "2012 Singapore", "2013 Singapore", etc ... you get the idea ... also I name my albums with Year as first and then Month (optional) , then the actual event/album name

Helps with Picasa ...

I do the same as the 2nd post days with an additional step of starting up Picasa on my iMac at the end and let it sync to the cloud gallery ...

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio

Then I either
- delete the photo if I have no use for it
- give the photo its own Event, like I have the Battle.net authenticator on my phone and I took a screenshot of the passcode if I need to remove the authenticator from my account if my phone is lost, stolen, or gets wiped
- dump it in my "Random" Event that remains on my Mac

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Everything auto-uploads to Dropbox

Ditto. Plus my pictures are saved to my Mac and accessible via the web.

The only drawback is that you have to open the Dropbox app to initiate this process; not a big deal for me, as I use Dropbox a couple times a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.