Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Epcot sphere at night

Disney%20Epcot%202012-385-XL.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Thanks, Cheese&Apple. I think you and I were in the same area at the same time. I was in the desert north of Vegas the day after you took this pic. :)

Ahhh...I thought that was you I saw wondering in the desert with camera gear Phrasikleia! :D Hope you had a great trip.

Barred Owl

8373369963_e56c381806_c.jpg

Beautiful shot 06Honda...I'm not sure if I could find one of these guys if my life depended on it. :(

Peter you have a great night shot set-up there with your camera and lens. Very nice to look at as a lover of night lit places, I just got the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens for architecture, landscapes and night shots. I look forward to seeing your shots out of the city.

Thanks John. Coming from film (ages ago), I'm constantly amazed at the images you can capture with a combination of ff camera, lens stabilization and RAW processing. Depending on the lens, and ambient light of course, I rarely need to go above ISO 800 (handheld) and noise is so low that it's almost nonexistant.

Good shooting with your new lens...sounds like a great choice. :)

Mine for today…this lake in front of the Bellagio is actually a fountain. I have shots of it in action that I'll post.

PHD_3444-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Rowbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Gatineau, PQ, Canada
The view from Orrest Head today...

orrest2.jpg

Nice patterns and delimitation created by those old rock fences.

I've seen some of those not too far from where I live. I'm in the province of Quebec, but close to Ontario, and that province has a strong British heritage.

PS: Your last two or tree pics are slow to display for some reason.

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
I don't know if I've ever done this before. Here's a portrait of my wife and I while we were at Epcot. I set up the shot to bounce the flash off a wall behind the camera, then I handed the camera to a non-photographer friend to take it.

Disney%20Epcot%202012-41-XL.jpg

alexxk

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
I'm the new guy in photography. I've purchased a Canon t3i for Christmas and I'm still learning. Feedback appreciated!!

8386285529_7eb7dc9c4b_b.jpg

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Another one from my first studio shoot. Just had a chance to go back to them.

Any feedback good or bad is great in my books!

Kath & Will by acearchie, on Flickr

Your Flickr link works, but I can't see the photo here.

Scratch that. The text link works but the link imbedded in the image doesn't.

Dale

Cheers Dale! Was showing up on my computer but hopefully now it will have sorted itself out as I copied and pasted it again.

I don't know if I've ever done this before. Here's a portrait of my wife and I while we were at Epcot. I set up the shot to bounce the flash off a wall behind the camera, then I handed the camera to a non-photographer friend to take it.

Disney%20Epcot%202012-41-XL.jpg

Not sure if you are looking for feedback but since there are only a few people shots I thought I would add some comments.

Really like the expression and I assume for this sort of photo that was what you were going for so as a photo it has met all of the targets!

If I were to change anything I would say that the cropping is a bit odd. It feels like it might be a 5x7? I think this might be a US custom as I barely ever see a 5x7 here in the UK, I would be more used to a 3x2 (4x6) or 1x1.

Also a niggle for me, but probably not intended, is the glasses encroaching into the eye and blocking the catchlight. I have found that often with continuous lighting, glasses wearers will position the rim of their glasses to block it therefore cutting out the catchlight. But here is seems it might have just been fluke?

All in all a really nice shot and thanks for sharing!

Otaillon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Québec
I'm the new guy in photography. I've purchased a Canon t3i for Christmas and I'm still learning. Feedback appreciated!!

That is slightly crooked but the composition is nice! Also check that your white balance is ok, the picture looks a little bit yellowish

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK

Kath & Will by acearchie, on Flickr

Bear in mind that I'm not a portrait photographer, but I like the models against this background rather than the yellow. I think it suits Caucasian skin tone better. Imo the yellow would look good for people with darker skin.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Bear in mind that I'm not a portrait photographer, but I like the models against this background rather than the yellow. I think it suits Caucasian skin tone better. Imo the yellow would look good for people with darker skin.

Don't worry. On the same wavelength. The shots from a few days ago were literally tests before we try something in a few weeks time with a plain white background. Might bring along this backdrop as well though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Yes it was a compliment.
Meant to say I never tire of looking at your landscapes.

That's very kind of you to say, Puckman. :) I have a friend who teases me mercilessly for shooting so many scenes with churches in them, so I wondered if you might be picking up on that too. My love affair with well-sited steeples shows no signs of waning, so I hope I'm not wearing out anyone's eyeballs with them! :eek:

Missed this first time round. It has a really surreal feeling to it. Now I need to find a similar location near me and wait for a nice day! Inspiring stuff.

Thanks, acearchie. I reckon that comparable locations are available in your region, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

8385344348_209dcb6196_z.jpg

Looks very professional to me. Whatever you did to coach those expressions out of them served you very well. They look very engaging and natural at the same time, which is difficult to capture.

Wow, beautiful! thanks for sharing.

I like the contrast between the cool mountains and the warm foliage.

Thank you. :)

Ahhh...I thought that was you I saw wondering in the desert with camera gear Phrasikleia! :D Hope you had a great trip.

I did have a great time in the desert, but I was really disappointed that I didn't get the shooting conditions I had been hoping for. I spent a whole week camping out there and got blank skies and harsh light the entire time. I had to choose between forcing myself to 'find ways to make it work' and saying the heck with it and just having myself a fun hiking vacation. I chose the latter, though I did wake up for sunrise every morning just in case. Alas, my camera spent almost the entire time in my bag, but I got in a lot of good scouting and some reference shots for future visits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.